Adding live tuning to P59 PCM

Ecu Hardware Modifications
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

Adding live tuning to P59 PCM

Post by darkman5001 »

I would like to modify a P59 (intel) PCM so that I can hook to a laptop and tune while engine is running. I am sure this has been done. What would I need to do to make this a reality for me? Thanks.
In-Tech

Re: Adding live tuning to P59 PCM

Post by In-Tech »

I bought the Moates "roadrunner" back in the day and some spare "connectors" for the flash so I could do p01 and p59. I think somewhere on this site there is a new one around that sounds pretty good but I can't remember the name, I think it's in the top section of the forum.
Basically if you want to build something, you mirror the image twice and do a dual ported ram kinda thing. If you do something like that, I wouldn't make it auto update in case you mistype, build into your software an "update" button.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

"RTLS1"

Real time tuning for P01 and P59

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7736

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7987
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thank You kojab,
I had only briefly looked at those posts. Your product looks brilliant :thumbup:
Right now I transfer my roadrunner between p01 and p59, can I do that with yours so I don't have to buy 2? I apologize if this has already been discussed. I didn't notice if there is a link for more information and how to purchase.
Congrats on your cool product. Shortly I will be using bubba's boost calibration stuff on a twin turbo LS truck. I am pretty excited to try this out.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Just some history.

All of the RTLS1 P01 and P59 we sold in Australia have gone to professional tuners who develop their customers tune using the RTLS1 PCM and then using the the same RTLS1 PCM
to flash the finished tune back into the customers PCM using a 6 wire connector. There was never any license fees when using the RTLS1 like other LS1`Editors.

We had no plan to ever sell the RTLS1 to customers who wanted to tune their own vehicles, the simple reason being the cost at the time was $10,000 AUS for a RTLS1 PCM.
For comparison "LS1 Edit's" professional Full Workshop version tuning tool sold at the same time for $17,000 AUS and was not Real Time tuning and not High speed logging.

To answer your question

"Right now I transfer my roadrunner between P01 and P59, can I do that with yours so I don't have to buy 2?

The RTLS1 daughter board we designed caters for both P01 and P59. The header pin positions on the P01 and P59 LS1 PCM mother board are slightly different.
Not by very much. making it possible to add a switch on the PCM case to switch from P01 and P59. Biggest problem is the space available (6 mm) between the daughter board
and the mother board. Is a male and female "plugin header" available that small (6 MM)? Also you would have to change the DS1250Y-70 IND NONVOLATILE SRAM to DS1249-70 IND for P01 mode.