VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Rivers
cars: Vt SS
VP clubsport

VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..

Post by Rivers »

Hi all, I’m new to this forum, so bear with me, as this forum is totally new to me…
My question is, when I had my VS , I cut the wire to the fuel injection from the computer on the passengers side,
then a connected a hidden push switch to turn the power on/off to the fuel injection … was alway paranoid my car would become someone’s midnight spares, no power to the injection , they can’t start the car…

I now have a VT SS series 1 and would like to do the same, as a extra safety precaution, I’ve gone thru the Haynes manual and couldnt see any wiring diagram for the fuel injection..
Where do I splice the wire , the pcm or bcm and which coloured wire for is the fuel injection.. then I can add my push button switch , to power on /off just to the fuel injection…
Much appreciate the help if someone could steer me in the right direction please..
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VT 5litre bdm/pcm fuel injection wire..

Post by antus »

You should be able to come up with something from one of the wiring diagrams in the wiring area here: viewforum.php?f=32
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Rivers
VP clubsport

Post by Rivers »

Thank you.. I will have a study and go from there…..
Rivers
VP clubsport

Post by Rivers »

DB1A3B8C-1F1D-496A-94C0-CD6CC0D579B9.jpeg
Hi all, I could use a little more advise please, nothing worse when your 100% certain that something will work but doesn’t,
Ok , I pulled half the dash aaprt to fit my switch, and I connect the b12 wire for the fuel injection , started the car up, pushed the switch And car still ran, so I thought maybe the switch is fault, disconnect the wire completely and car still ran..

So I tried with the a8/b8 wire, and the same thing happened,
( I worked when I had my VS , as it use to cut the engine straight away )

Could someone steer me in the right direction with what wire on the pcm would kill the car from starting…
Rivers
VP clubsport

Post by Rivers »

All good, I tried once more, and I’ve got it to kill the ignition..

Car won’t start now when on, and even when the car is running , I hit the switch and it dies instantly ..
Happy now, just any security measure that the car can’t be unlawfully started …
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya, what was the final wiring solution?
Rivers
VP clubsport

Post by Rivers »

Hi, would you believe the it was the pink A4 ignition wire that done the trick…
It was Doing my head in, so I thought I’d give it another go..
It reads p/b but mine was just pink… I’m happy it works, no way of starting the car while that switch is turned off.
Just Funny how the others didn’t do a thing …
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Rivers wrote:Hi, would you believe the it was the pink A4 ignition wire that done the trick…
It was Doing my head in, so I thought I’d give it another go..
It reads p/b but mine was just pink… I’m happy it works, no way of starting the car while that switch is turned off.
Just Funny how the others didn’t do a thing …
B12 is just the injector voltage monitor wire. We normally would use that for wideband input, I can't recall off the top of my head what A8/B8 are feed an ignition circuit for.
When I do my immobilizer setups or GPS tracking systems it's normally tapped into the ecu ignition feed or the fuel pump relay signal circuit for a slower shutoff.
Rivers
VP clubsport

Post by Rivers »

Yes, that’s the next thing. I do have the gps tracker with the fuel cut off, so that the next install,
But I will incorporate the wiring and the relay into a spare slot on the actual fuse rail so it will look normal and not out of place
As I did ask when I do connect the tracker up, could I use that fuel cut off function while the car was stationery ..
and i was advised not to.. ., hence why the extra cut.off switch.. every bit helps to make it harder to steal…as my car isn’t a daily