GM E38 E67 E40 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Re: GM E38 E67 E40 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganz

Post by Tre-Cool »

its an odd 1 because it's been on this pc from the very beginning. slight pia because i dont have the software on my new laptop.

Happy to send you $$ when u get the license sorted so i dont have to keep pulling ecu's from cars. early ve is easy but 09 onwards bigger PIA.

late edit, what exactly does the cloning option do again?

i thought it copied all the ecu serial, vin from the loaded bin etc across, but im not having much luck with it updating the ecu serial number.

SPS techline will not program this ecu at all, hardware is a 12633238 service number & loading a good 12624402 os file.

odd. just flashed it back to a correct 12639270 os, then back to 12624402 & now have a good serial... see how sps goes.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Cloning does copy the parameter section which includes vin, serial ect but you still have to power down the ecu correctly otherwise the ecu will overwrite that section again with old data in RAM.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

well i finally pulled my finger out and put a 2012 corvette os into a spare ecu i had, then into my car. it now supports injectors bigger than 63lb's. handy if I ever go a blower on it.

Mainly wanted to confirm it could be done before i attempted to upgrade a mates one that already has a blower on it. May even try a similar scenario with my brothers 07 ve.

yay.

Also, happy to pay for a fixed license on my laptop if you get around to fixing the licensing side sooner than later. haha
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote:well i finally pulled my finger out and put a 2012 corvette os into a spare ecu i had, then into my car. it now supports injectors bigger than 63lb's. handy if I ever go a blower on it.

Mainly wanted to confirm it could be done before i attempted to upgrade a mates one that already has a blower on it. May even try a similar scenario with my brothers 07 ve.

yay.

Also, happy to pay for a fixed license on my laptop if you get around to fixing the licensing side sooner than later. haha
The licensing situation is a bit more complex then Id like to admit. Since I moving from a linux server to a windows server, is quite the learning curve.
Its on my todo list to complete the migration once all current projects are completed. Although I may take another look at using Azure since their systems are a hell of alot more faster and secure.
minytrker

Post by minytrker »

How do I purchase or get NVS ECU Flasher to try it? I am wanting to clone E38's.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

minytrker wrote:How do I purchase or get NVS ECU Flasher to try it? I am wanting to clone E38's.
Its not available for the public at this time.
minytrker

Post by minytrker »

Does it clone all 8 segments on a E38? Let me know when it is available for purchase. I would like to try it out and have a lot of E38's I can test it on.
beyerch
cars: all kinds

Post by beyerch »

Gatecrasher wrote:
As far as resoldering the ECU, I think that's exactly what HP Tuners did with their ZR1 ECUs.

correct.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

beyerch wrote: correct.
I figured that might be the way on ECUs which may have specific memory regions locked down.

Theres multiple attack methods to get in. I guess that might have taken the more probably method of extracting firmware from decapping and then flashing onto new chips with a modified boot loader.
This kind of attack is pretty hard to beat to be honest.
Knackersjewels
cars: 2x VZ alloytec
VY SS L98 ute

Post by Knackersjewels »

Is there currently any way to flash an LY7 OS onto an E67 without SPS or a BCM/TCM?