LS1 Boost OS - Development

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Re: LS1 Boost OS - Development

Post by bubba2533 »

It might be possible, but that could be difficult.

I actually just picked up a DBW setup (Pedal/TAC module/Throttle) from a ~04 Silverado when I was at the junkyard last month. I got it working with my bench top PCM which was fairly easy.

I also grabbed a ~05 Buick Lacrosse throttle, but I didn’t even have plans for it. It was attached to the aluminum intake manifold that I wanted.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
Broke4speed
cars: 1984 Volvo 244

Post by Broke4speed »

I've been watching some of your Youtube stuff and the idea that coil-near-plug is possible with Boost OS V3 on a 4.3 is intruiging. How could it be accomplished? I've recently taken possession of a 51 chevy 4dr that needs an engine (and a lot of other stuff)...and I wouldn't mind trying something different. I've already got an LR4 in my 84 Volvo, so a 4.3 in a hotrod sounds like fun :). I'm one of your Patreon peeps and OS V3 is burning a hole in my 'pocket', haha.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Thanks for following along. It requires a 24x crank trigger and a 50/50 cam trigger (newer 4.3L V6's have it stock) and the rest is software changes.

I will be working on developing an OS patch for other people that want to upgrade.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

Terrific, thanks a bunch! :)
Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

Another quick Q about V3.x. If someone wanted to run it in 'stock' configuration just to take advantage of the wideband closed loop, it would work fine? Obviously all the V3.x goodies would be 'unset' except the wideband closed loop. I dug out a P59 I had tucked away and am considering repinning my Blue/Red harness to use it :).
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I’m pretty sure that’s possible, but I can take a look and confirm this evening. I’m not a huge fan of that since you would still be relying on the power enrichment code.
Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

Cool. It was just a random thought since boost might be at least a year or two out and it would give me something to play with. If it's not designed to work properly with the stock PE setup, then I'll just buy more boost parts and wait it out, haha.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Ok, so it looks like it should work no problem. I would still recommend looking at using the desired air/fuel tables. It may not have the greatest resolution for an N/A application, but maybe I could add an option for a 2 bar table that would give 5 kPa between rows.

Note: Anyone using V3.x I just updated the base tune and XDF with a patch to fix a few bugs that were found.

Also I will probably get to testing V4 on the bench very soon.
Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

Very cool, thank you for the help!

In regards to tuning the desired AFR table, how is it used? I'm assuming it's a lot like the PE table, but more in-depth? I'll start going back through the thread and see if I can find anything.

[edit] Yep, answered my own question tenfold over :).
Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

People need to get on the Patreon...V4 is kick ass :).