VP VQ ABS Help needed

Wiring diagrams and questions
vp304

VP VQ ABS Help needed

Post by vp304 »

Have a vp with abs has been good for years. Tho all of a sudden now only when driving on the freeway after 5 10 mins the abs light comes on dash.
When i turn car off and back on it goes away.
I have cleaned all the abs sensors under the car but problem still happens.
Does anyone have any idea what it is.
Or does someone have the factory workshop manual that covers the abs section of vp vq.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: VP VQ ABS Help needed

Post by Charlescrown »

My guess is it's a wheel speed sensor. Their simple to test with a multimeter on ohms. Guessing around 300-500 ohms. I have a VR manual and again guessing it's the same as VP. The old Bosch setup. Let me know if it is and I'll get into the manual.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm 99% sure it's the same as VR and yes it's the Bosch system.

The only thing that a little different is the front sensors as VP/VQ uses the VB style spindle and one piece rotor but I don't think that changes anything important.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

I have found some info on the vr setup tho it says to diagnose to use the vr diagnostics port which is difrent to the vn vp port plug setup
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont know if the ABS module in the VR has ALDL data like as VR vehicle does, but the VP does not. If this mention of diagnostic port means ALDL communications, then the VP wont have the same diagnostic capability.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yea I don't have a clue what pins to use on the VP diagnostic plug. The VR is OBD2 style.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Yeah thats what i meant. The vr is kinda way more advanced than vn vp.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This is from the VP and VQ series 2 service manual, there is nothing specific to the ABS on the diag port documented here. This process/pins and the codes are documented elsewhere too. I don't think it ABS on the diag port could be a thing. Same as you I can't find anything specifically about ABS on the VP, though I did find a computer of an ABS computer. Seeing what the light in the cluster is connected to would be a good start. The ABS computer I expect. I think you might be out of luck looking for more information and probably need to check the sensor circuits as mentioned. maybe measure resistance with a multimeter and see if one of them is an odd one out and if so replace it. Or maybe the ABS computer is toast.
Attachments
20230311_114529.jpg
20230311_114546.jpg
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah there is no high speed ALDL on VP or any kind of bus. So the ABS unit will either have it's own thing or nothing at all.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Antus thanks for info.
I have one of the genuine workshop manuals but it only covers the engine wiring etc. Nothing on abs