OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
kur4o

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by kur4o »

Here is message only log. Tcm is using 4bytes seed/key.

No code is uploaded to both modules. Flash routines are within pcm only, erase commands are send, enable flash, than data and some other prerequisites.
A flash tool for those should be really simple, once we dial the communication issue.
Attachments
ngc4_ecm+tcm_cleanedUP.rar
(783.67 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

acln99 wrote:There should be a continuous string of "broadcast" messages like
Yes, I would think so, yet I do not ... Don't know why, even if I'm using an ELM in MA mode.
It's a mystery to me ...

kur4o,
Those logs are PassThru logs created by a J2534 VCI with logging on ??

Guess it's time I sat down with them and learned how to read them, I have scanned them lightly so I get the jist, just not the whole story yet.

Glad I was finally able to contribute something to this off topic conversation. :)

Something else I noticed now that it works using full padding, if I use 0902 to get the VIN, only the first line shows up in the logger, thus one can only get the first 3 VIN digits.

Edit:
BTW, That cleaned up log reads much better ... :thumbup:

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
acln99
cars: Dodge Ram

Post by acln99 »

kur4o wrote: I am still fighting with ngc3 trans flash.
I got the point where tcm is polled for something and can`t find the needed response.
If anyone can log it will be great.
here is the message that needs to be logged

34 11 00 00 45 [45=some sum checksum]
I tried sending this msg to TCM - only recd a 7F negative response ......
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

acln99 wrote: I tried sending this msg to TCM - only recd a 7F negative response ......
As shown in the Ford logs...7F doesn't always mean negative response, it appears in GM land it does...not necessarily so in other obd2 protocol even in US. Check SAE2190 for more detail.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:
acln99 wrote: I tried sending this msg to TCM - only recd a 7F negative response ......
As shown in the Ford logs...7F doesn't always mean negative response, it appears in GM land it does...not necessarily so in other obd2 protocol even in US. Check SAE2190 for more detail.
I think it is a negative thing, since Ford IDS instantly stops as soon as it sees it.
It seems its a normal thing to occur in alot of modules though which these tuning companies just kinda ignore and proceed :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Can anyone log this on eecv

c4 10 f5 22 02 00

I finally managed to get an IDS working, but it needs a real device[Since I got only mdi, some hacking was needed to make it work] , so I might give him some responses via an elm device. This is being asked on initial connection.

I also noticed that IDS at the very end of testing connection, commands feps on, In case you are testing it on a non ford vehicle to fry the module on pin 13, if there is any.

Here is some log for initial connection, It tests all protocols that are used upto 2013 MY I think.
Attachments
Ford-VCM-II BVTX4J32 03-17-2023 10.51.18.rar
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

kur4o wrote:Can anyone log this on eecv

c4 10 f5 22 02 00

I finally managed to get an IDS working, but it needs a real device[Since I got only mdi, some hacking was needed to make it work] , so I might give him some responses via an elm device. This is being asked on initial connection.

I also noticed that IDS at the very end of testing connection, commands feps on, In case you are testing it on a non ford vehicle to fry the module on pin 13, if there is any.

Here is some log for initial connection, It tests all protocols that are used upto 2013 MY I think.
Hiya kur4o,
I apologize, I am bad with acronyms from around the world. What is IDS? What exactly are you wanting to do/log? Is it a problem to power pin13 for FEPS on other devices? It doesn't take too long to do anything with my bench setup, I am just not sure how or what you want tested. I don't mind letting the magic smoke out but I try not to do it blindly :wtf: :lol:
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

IDS is ford's software
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Got some diagnostic log with ford CAN vehicle. Can be used for researching.
Since using simulation with ford program is next to impossible, I am looking for other ways to log a eecv flashing session.
Attachments
Ford-VCM-II BVTX4J32 03-20-2023 09.31.29.rar
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I can try to log a programming session with KESS but it is incredibly slow...over 30 minutes. I don't want to buy a license from HpT but will if I have to.

I talked with Mike at AVT and he thinks he still has some old Ford stuff I can use for PWM since my 838 and 852 won't do it. We talked about the IFR Tazzi has mentioned but if I do a passive log it should be no problem. This could get fun again :thumbup:

On another note, it looks like my bud did find 1 Chrysler ecm/pcm(not sure which one but probably the older version) for me at a reasonable price so that might be game on soon too :)
Last edited by In-Tech on Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.