bin identifiying

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

bin identifiying

Post by Kevspec »

Hi just wondering is there any way to identify the the bin when you read the file from the stock chips that the sticker has fallen off from? I have found a bag of memcals and only a few of them have the codes
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: bin identifiying

Post by immortality »

Yes. Download the MEMCAL ID tool from The1 on this forum.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Post by Kevspec »

I have used that but it does not tell me which code the bin file is
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its possible its some unknown aftermarket, or someones hack, or a corrupted file. Also load it in a hex editor and look for text copyright notices etc. Then if all that fails you have to start guessing and using a tool to compare factory bins for the expected platform and the one you have and its probably going to end up being the one thats the closest match. You may or may not be able to use a common XDF. If so, the bin will be changed in a way that memcal id tool cant follow. IF the calibration part isn't moved around then you may be able to use an existing XDF for the original bin. There are also bins from two companies that are not supposed to be getting around and are unknown to memcal ID tool. COME racing is one, that looks very much like a private version of Kalmaker. That's out there packaged by them with some of their engines, but was never available as a package to the public to modify. And there is at least one bin from I think the Holden Racing Team who produced or licensed something similar for one of the categories, I think it was Group A. Often you'll find its just something hacky or corrupt that someone made at home or didnt read properly.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396