MAF Scaler Limits

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jmsmotorsport
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: MAF Scaler Limits

Post by jmsmotorsport »

So to use this I set the two red numbers in KHz to match the file say add 2% on where I need it hit calculate then copy the Hex data into the tune file?
jmsmotorsport

Post by jmsmotorsport »

I think I’ve got it. Awesome thanks for you help. It took me a bit to work out why my changes to the MAF data wasn’t showing up on the dyno.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It depends on your workflow but it'd be something like -> Log MAF Hz, target AFR, and wideband AFR. Figure out the % difference from target AFR and wideband AFR. Then copy your whole MAF table as the starting point in to the spread sheet. Then where you want to change fueling put a % change in the red cell against the HZ logged for that data point. When your done, hit recalculate table and copy the whole table back in to the bin from excel. write cal (safer than bin) with oseflash tool to put the changes back on the car.

Note though I have played around with these pcms i've never done this end to end. But I believe it works fine. There is also an injector multiplier table where you can adjust fuelling. Some people say use this table to tune and leave the MAF Hz alone. If you havnt changed the MAF, this might make more sense. I'll have to hand over to others and your judgement at this point though. Good luck with whichever method you use.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jmsmotorsport

Post by jmsmotorsport »

The method I’m using appears
To be working. I’m on the dyno now and it’s getting the desired results so far.