PCMLogger: can't log all cyls for misfire?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: PCMLogger: can't log all cyls for misfire?

Post by kur4o »

It turns out to be a misconfigured pids in the profile xml, that gives errors on initial connection.

Now it should be fixed for universal patcher, for pcm logger the updated profile.xml will be needed.
Broke4speed
cars: 1984 Volvo 244

Post by Broke4speed »

I actually just saw the new version you released and downloaded it today. I'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks again! :).
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ive pointed NSFW to this thread. I think he was going to do some development this week so hopefully he can fix it in pcmlogger. It might be worth shooting him the fix in a PM (or posting it here).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I'm happy to fix this, but can someone give me the specifics of what needs to be changed?

Also I'm told that after a clean install, the logger needs to be restarted after picking the interface, and I'll try to get both fixed this weekend.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
joukoy
cars: --

Post by joukoy »

https://github.com/joukoy/UniversalPatc ... andard.xml
pids 1201 - 1204:
name: "Misfire Current Cyl X" => "Misfire History Cyl X"
storageType="uint8" => "uint16"

pids 1205-1208
name: "Misfire History Cyl X" => "Misfire Current Cyl X"
storageType="uint16" => "uint8"
Broke4speed
cars: 1984 Volvo 244

Post by Broke4speed »

I did a bunch of logging today, and I can confirm any timeout issues are gone :). I will try the misfire stuff next. Thanks again!