Vxdiag nano with Tis2000

DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Vxdiag nano with Tis2000

Post by DethRattles »

I have it all installed but i'm hitting a brick wall when it comes to step 5 which makes step 19 not possible. Link with the steps is at the end. I'm running this on windows xp in virtual machine and cannot find a driver or vxdiag mdi that will work on 32bits. I tried compatibility and also searched for earlier year vx manager. I'm stuck. https://gm-tech2.blogspot.com/2018/03/v ... -good.html

I followed the directions to the T but cannot run vx manager and i cant find the vx mdi. I found the bosch ones easy and they installed. Hope some of you could help. Can the mdi be extracted from the vx manager? i was hoping to find earlier versions like the 1.4.1 Anyways that's my delima :comp:

I forgot to add what vx manager does when i click it,,,it says it isn't a valid win32 .exe....couldn't take it and i'm trying win 7
Gatecrasher

Re: Vxdiag nano with Tis2000

Post by Gatecrasher »

What is it you're trying to accomplish with TIS2000? You've already got a way to program your PCM with PCM Hammer, don't you?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I think he is working with a P04, but also educating at the same time ... generally having fun on a mission! JMO.

Unfortunately PcmHammer is still P04 Read Only ... There seems to be a lot of variation among on them.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

I know he has something successfully flashing it. Hence all the questions about VATS and cooling fans and no longer needing a BCM.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I believe he got LSDroid to work.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

I have both the nano and the obdx vt pro, i'd seen wiring diagrams etc in tis2000 that i want to get to. The gm programming i have now is for years over my car, i think from 2009 up. Tis2000 does vehicles up to 2005. I'm sort of having fun too by getting it working. Just trying to see if someone has done it and how. It'll help other people as well.
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

Ok. TIS2000 doesn't have wiring diagrams. It doesn't have any diagrams. It strictly does programming. If you need diagrams, look at that link I sent you a few days ago.

Most of the TIS copies floating around on the web are pretty damn old. There's a good chance it won't have newer programming for your car. You may spend all this time getting it working, only to find it's useless.

I have the 12-2007 / 7.3 version and the newest file it has for your car is 12589759. The latest version available from GM is 12618815.
Last edited by Gatecrasher on Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gatecrasher wrote:Ok. TIS2000 doesn't have wiring diagrams. It doesn't have any diagrams. It strictly does programming. If you need diagrams, look at that link I sent you a few days ago.

Most of the TIS copies floating around on the web are pretty damn old. There's a good chance it won't have newer programming for your car. You may spend all this time getting it working, only to find it's useless.

I have the 12-2007 / 7.3 version and the newest BIN it has for your car is 12589759. The latest version available from GM is 12618815.
I watched a video called tis2000 installation on youtube, it was in spanish but the main tis screen he head extra icons to choose from and one said electrical. It was showing 3d plugs and wires/pinouts etc. I wanted that part. If it was you who had sent me that link i downloaded it but cannot seem to get it working on virtual machine xp ,,,the main file after install is a virtual machine and it wants me to configure virtual machine for guest esx idk i have it on the other thread of mine about the radiator fans.
lsxautumn
cars: 02 sierra 2500HD LQ4 4L80E
AKA a void that eats all my money

Post by lsxautumn »

I tried extensively to get the vcx nano to work with tis2000 annd it woulnd't do it. Finally said to hell with it and replaced it with an obdxpro and its so much better
FriskyDingo

Post by FriskyDingo »

I managed to get it working on Windows 7 and made it into a virtual machine for use with VMware.

https://mega.nz/file/A7wVzJoI#_wENfGtkC ... TArxSybjAo