command afr

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

command afr

Post by Kevspec »

so trying to tune a ecotec turbo with maf using the1 base file and have set all afr etc but i see under load command afr is targeting 12.9 with i have made the table set at 11.8 is this due to scaler for the mgc not being high enough? ie 850+ as in the extended tables for boost reference. Also seem to be getting some kind of knock with very little timing commanding 9 degrees and can pull up to a few degress out. And finnaly the car feels slower at wot throttle then it does at say half throttle with afr and spark all staying the same when it happens
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: command afr

Post by antus »

Target is before any fuel delivery calcs. I dont think MGC. Im not sure the things that'd effect it, but im thinking perhaps temperature enrichment for cold. Something along those lines? Someone more experienced in MAF might have better ideas.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Are you using the spread sheet to set the PE tables? You can't just adjust the target AFR as they work with other PE tables (TPS, RPM, Time) etc to set an overall target AFR including ECT.
The1

Post by The1 »

There are also other PE Tables like TPS version that will mod the target as well, so setting it to 11.8 may not target 11.8 because you have a 2% TPS target as well.

So i normally set all the target PE Tables to 0, set the target arf to 11.8 then tune the injector table to suit as with the extended tables theres room to tune. Where as with the small tables in the stock factory tunes they had no tuneability so they mucked with the TPS PE and other tables to try and get WOT fueling right as the INJ table was maxed.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

The1 wrote:There are also other PE Tables like TPS version that will mod the target as well, so setting it to 11.8 may not target 11.8 because you have a 2% TPS target as well.

So i normally set all the target PE Tables to 0, set the target arf to 11.8 then tune the injector table to suit as with the extended tables theres room to tune. Where as with the small tables in the stock factory tunes they had no tuneability so they mucked with the TPS PE and other tables to try and get WOT fueling right as the INJ table was maxed.

Awesome so pretty much just 0 out all those tables and tune the injector table as per ve table in a sense? Most of them are already 0 at temperature or a 1 multiplier so doesn't really make sense there. I think k if we can't get were everything is happy trans included may just switch it all over to a 424 ecu which my vs runs factory and is far better setup everywhere
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Download the spread sheet and have a play with it and see how the other tables effect the base AFR.

I modified the tables somewhat but still use them, it's a good thing when it automatically enriches the AFR when engine temp goes up etc.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Ok yep I used the spreadsheet which is actually surprisingly good and easy to use and will upload that and see how it goes
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Yep seem to have sorted the command afr worked a treat