Tuning The Delco In Realtime
k_switch
cars: 1975 HJ Kingswood Sedan
1975 HJ Premier Wagon
1982 WB Ute

LC-2 Wideband setup with $11P

Post by k_switch »

Hey everyone.

Been messing with $11P for a few years now but I'm noticing some issues with wideband datalogging.

I've removed the 1k pullup resistor, connected my LC-2 innovate WB to the PCM via the analog output on the controller which is a 0-5v output, but for some reason I'm not getting the correct readings and copping a lot of data corruption as well and DA Data Errors as well as logs that pause and restart (you'll see what I mean in the log I've attached if you play it back).

I've modified it so there's calculations in there to change from AFR to Lambda just for tuning purposes but thats pretty much all I have changed.

I know this sounds like a silly question, but I can log wideband with the $11P 3 bar ADX right? Because in my logs it looks like its actually outputting VE% (the logs show it roughly following the calc VE % table so leads me to believe it might be logging VE data or I have an offset that is incorrect, but I havent changed any of the wideband settings in the 3bar adx relating to the packet offset.

I'll add a upload a log, and the adx I'm using. If I need to make changes to the ADX I can do that. I'm not sure if I need to change the body and payload size of the engine data since I have a wideband wired into the PCM.
The 3 bar MAP sensor is correct, twin turbo 304 with a 4l60e, running $11P with NVRAM.
Attachments
OSE_$11P V104 3Bar STFT LTFT Added.adx
ADX
(172.82 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Idle 02072023.xdl
Short log of idling
(27.85 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: LC-2 Wideband setup with $11P

Post by Dylan »

Where did you connect the signal earth to?
I terminate that in the narrow band O2 earth terminal at the ECU.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: LC-2 Wideband setup with $11P

Post by antus »

Not sure what you mean about following VE. VE is a mesure of efficiency of pumping air - how much full as a % of air the cylinder is for given air pressure and rpm. So more VE will mean more air, will mean more fuel, will mean more wideband. It should show wideband correctly, there are two setting in the bin to set to match the guage, and because analog power isnt perfect and its a voltage sometimes if its a point out or so you might need to tweak the lower or upper numbers a fraction to make sure the ECM logs the same as the gauge. They are "WideBand - WideBand 0V AFR" and "WideBand - WideBand 5V AFR".
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396