0411 swap finishing touches and questions

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
pmcquay

Re: 0411 swap finishing touches and questions

Post by pmcquay »

Well, that makes it simple enough. Ill post logs in the next few days, likely.
Rickky bobby
cars: GM/GMC

Post by Rickky bobby »

What pressure is the factory fuel pump in the 96? do you need 58 psi to work?
V8fan
cars: Astro VAN

Post by V8fan »

4.2 Bar onto my 96 - its OEM pressure for 96+ MPFI
pmcquay

Post by pmcquay »

they run 58 PSI. I'm still planning on doing this, life just got in the way for a while. One question I had though, is whether or not tuning will affect the crank relearn? If so I will probably hold off and do the relearn last. Does anyone know where the learn data is stored? I just sort of assumed it was in the flash and that reading the bin out of the PCM and then tuning starting with that would be fine.

Additionally, if someone is willing to do a bit of over the internet tuning, or even just some specific consultation, I would be willing to pay for time (heck, even like, point me toward someone who does that sort of thing). I have a lot of questions as to where to get started. I've tuned simpler systems, but this thing has a lot of knobs and levers.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

If you have an autel tablet, a gm vcx nano, or hptuners, you can do a crank relearn. Probably any diagnostic tablet will do it. Relearn is irrelevant to tuning, it's just for misfire detection. Unless you have a medium to big cam, stock tune will run decent.
pmcquay

Post by pmcquay »

I have none of those things, Im probably going to buy the 3 day tech2 license and use it with my obdxpro vt. I just havent gotten around to it yet. Money and such.

What I was wondering is if I do that and clear the code for it, will it come back if I tune the PCM? I asked that because I dont have a stock intake manifold anymore, and so while a stock tune will run it, it wants to be pig rich, and then stupid lean on tip in.
V8fan
cars: Astro VAN

Post by V8fan »

pmcquay wrote:I have none of those things, Im probably going to buy the 3 day tech2 license and use it with my obdxpro vt. I just havent gotten around to it yet. Money and such.

What I was wondering is if I do that and clear the code for it, will it come back if I tune the PCM? I asked that because I dont have a stock intake manifold anymore, and so while a stock tune will run it, it wants to be pig rich, and then stupid lean on tip in.
Chinese Launch diagnostic tool can relearn . Its universal multibrand scan tool so its not rare in veh shops