Need Help Setting Up a Wideband SOLVED

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Maxxx
cars: VS Commodore ute and a VY Commodore ute

Re: Need Help Setting Up a Wideband

Post by Maxxx »

Thanks Immortality. I'll give that a go.
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

Maxxx wrote:Hi Immortality, I have tried that too and it made no difference. i have checked voltage at pin B10 with the car idling and it was around 2.3 2.4 with the gauge showing around 14.4. Then I shut the motor off and turned the key to power on and the gauge was showing 18 with the motor not running and voltage was in the high 3's. The voltage is getting to the PCM but doesn't seem to be working in tunerpro .
I thought the Spartan Kit reads from 10-19.9(20) afr. When you first turn WB on, does the gauge go through its calibration process like 10.00 then 16.60 then 19.90 then start showing correctly? when you just have ignition on it should read 19.90? Maybe I have a different gauge connected to it to yours.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

It does go thru it's calibration when I start it. The reason it was showing 18 I think was because I just turned the motor off( it had been running for abit and it was up to temp.) but I put the key in the run position and the O2 would have still been hot.
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

Do you know what version XDF you have loaded into your ECU? If it's an earlier version, try loading that version xdf into Tp instead of the current one.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Before Enhanced came out there were some factory tunes modified to use the injector voltage monitor line input for WB input although I can't remember what pin was used for the input.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I would like to thank everyone for having a look and those who have replied. I haven't had a chance to log the car using the enhanced bin, but I'm hoping to do it this week. Hopefully it will work and I can continue to learn how to do basic logging and tuning.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I haven't been able to put the enhanced bin file on a chip because I can't get the burner to work. It took me along time to get the drivers to work and when it starts I get a yellow sign on the "GQ USB Programmer in my USB controllers and the driver details says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have tried most of the things that I can find in the mcumall forums, but still won't work so I started a thread there.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Ok I now have my burner setup, I've burned The1's VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4b bin on the eprom, I have loaded The1's VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4d XDF and The1's VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4e ADX into tunerpro and the wideband still doesn't work. The car runs fine and the other gauges and monitors in tunerpro are working. I have removed the wire from the wideband gauge so only the wire from terminal 6 on the spartan lite controller is going to the PCM pin B10. I have also tried using pin A5. Still only shows 10 on the B10 gauge in tunerpro. Lastly I have pulled the pin out of the harness, hooked a voltmeter and the gauge to it and went for a drive and it appears to be working correctly. when the gauge is showing low 14's the voltmeter is showing volts in the 2.2 to 2.4 and when the gauge is showing mid 16's the voltmeter is showing 3.3 to 3.5 volts. I don't know what else to check.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Finally! After thinking about for awhile I thought pin in the harness must not be contacting the pin in the PCM, so I pulled the wire out of the harness, squeezed the terminal with my fingers and plugged it back into the harness. When I started the car the B10 pin was working. So all this time it appears the problem was a bad connection between the harness and the PCM on B10. So now I can actually log the wideband along with everything else. Thank you to all who gave me advice.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Need Help Setting Up a Wideband SOLVED

Post by immortality »

Good to hear it's sorted.