Accelerator enrichment issues

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vp304

Accelerator enrichment issues

Post by vp304 »

Ive searched a heap on here and most of the posts on AE are from 2010 2012 and i didnt wanna bring a post that old back from the dead as i know admin on some forums fire up about it. So thought id make a new one :)

Basics on Car
11p
l67 1900 blower
e85 bosch 1000 injectors.
Auto

I have the ve map 98% dialed in as i just switched to e85
Dead times i think are pretty good etc runs idles a lot better than the old factory l67 injectors.

Tho for the life of me cant get the AE decent it drives good no flat spots when warm etc. But with the wideband hooked up say im crusing around .98 99 lambda at any speed. When i blip on 20% or more throttle it goes around to like .78 .84 lamda say for 2 to 3 sec depending on how hard i press the accelerator pedal.

This is what i have set for my AE tables.

Any pointers tips? Anyone on here similar setup what are your AE values
I have tried the default 11p v6 CAKH tune AE values and the car bogs heavy ie very rich and stalls at idle when reving and stationary.
Attachments
2023 accel ratoer enrichment e85n.jpg
vp304

Re: Accelerator enrichment issues

Post by vp304 »

Anyone ?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't tune in lambda so I a not sure what those numbers mean, but I assume too rich?

If so, have you looked at manifold fuel? Part of AE is modeling the wall wetting/pooling that is blown off the ports when throttle is cracked suddenly. Different engines, cams and mostly injector design dictate how much accumulates, I found wider pattern finer mist injector have much worse pooling/wetting and the manifold fuel factor from memory needs to be increased to tell the tune that the manifold fuel is a bigger contributor to AE than the regular AE pump function.

I prefer narrow fire hose type pattern like the big old factory design, works heaps better with batch/bank injection, they start, run and idle better and emissions are better too, especially at idle. The wider fine mist injectors work a lot better with sequential setups when they are timed correctly.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Does it bog down on the initial throttle application or just after? If it's on the hit try reducing the actual AE, if it's bogging down after the hit then increase the decay rate.

For Vlade01,

vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't think reducing it will be that effective as those values he has are extremely low. That's why I think it's the manifold fuel. Increasing man fuel should allow the AE tables to be increase again into a usable range.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

With settings / values im using now for AE, is no bog just anything over probably 25 per throttle it gets very rich on the tip in for prob a good 2 to 3 seconds. Il try wideband it again when i get time to see what exactly is going on.
I dont have my wideband wired into my delco ecu or else i would have got a log for yous.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Immortality the higher the number the ae fuel decay factor the longer it takes to fade out the extra fuel its put in yeah?
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
Just a thought...when I have been involved with heavy wall wetting issues where there is no model for wall wetting, I tend to adjust the MAP AE more than just the TPS AE.