EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
ben_att
cars: VF
VZ
VY

VZ BCM 24C04 read

Post by ben_att »

Hi All,

I'm trying to pull a bin from the eeprom on a VZ BCM to get some codes from it but not having luck so far. The BCM is fine and runs, but I want to replace the PIM and need the BCM Code.
I'm using a TL866 II Plus with XGPro. The software does an autodetect of the device address to be 0x 10, is that correct if pin 2 is tied to VCC? I read somewhere that this will set the address to A4/A5, is it possible to do this using the 866 by setting the device ID in the add IC part of the program while still on the board? I've tried a whole range of ID's and just keep getting all FF a well as powering the BCM or just feeding 5V into VCC and GND on the eeprom from an external source while tied to the 866 Pro supply (which works for me on VF BCM's).
Wanted to see if someone has done this before pulling the Eeprom from the board.

Thanks
ben_att
VZ
VY

Re: VZ BCM 24C04 read

Post by ben_att »

I found a screenshot of carprog and those tick boxes I've circled look like what I may need.
Attachments
24C04 carprog.jpg
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

This may help you along - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7076
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
ben_att
VZ
VY

Post by ben_att »

Thanks, I've seen that thread, however I wanted to get all the data from the BCM.
The device has 04B on it, which in XG Pro always returns FF, but if I select 08B I get data from 200 to 300. It's very consistent with the data it returns, I try changing device ID while set to 08B and it doesn't seem to make a difference, always returns the same data, I can see there is a number under the barcode and this number is in the reading I get, can't see much useful data in the rest of it just yet. I have a brand new BCM with the sticker on it with the security code and then the one from my car, both of them respond the same with everything I've done so far. The new one I have is a 92186587 LUX where as the one from my car is a 92173588 MID.
ben_att
VZ
VY

Post by ben_att »

ok so I've got all the info I wanted now.
-BCM Code
-Radio Pin
-Ign Key No.
-Security code (which I got from the PIM)

So if I read it in circuit on the board, even though the I2C has on it ATMEL 04B, I get nothing reading it as an 04B, if I read it as 08B, it's blank all the way to 1F0 and I start reading data at 200.
Everything I've read online that I could find states the eeprom to be 24C04 and has details on addresses from 0 to 1F0 however this didn't work for me.
Instead of the radio code being at 62-63 it is at 262-263 and the BCM code at 254-252 for example.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but since I couldn't find anything that mentions this, thought it was worth writing to close this thread out.

Cheers
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for the update :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...