Beaker
cars: VN V8 manual HSV Enhanced
LC 79 single cab
Jimny

Copy bin from NVRam & burn to eprom

Post by Beaker »

Hi everyone,
Wondering if anyone can assist.
I have a VN 304, 808 ECU with USB Comms board and NVRam module.
All working fine and using the abundance of information on PCMHacking have made 2 tunes in MapA and MapB.
What I can't get my head around is how and what to save from the NVRam (using Flash Tool if I'm correct) and then burning it to Eprom.
I have the pin B9 wired ready for switching (switches ground for MapB).

What size Eprom do I require (being x 2, I assume 32K - I have 16's, 32's and 64's) - I use them for work so that's a bonus.
What do I save from the NVRam so I have both tunes (A and B) in the correct address areas (offsets if required) ?

Any help mutely appreciated.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Copy bin from NVRam & burn to eprom

Post by antus »

Use the delco ose flash tool and do a get bin. This will read the whole thing and give you a bin file that includes calibration and operating system. It'll be 32kb. You can use 32Kb eeprom, just write it as is. Or you can use 64Kb, just leave the first half empty. You might put a 32Kb file of FF, or 00, or two copies of the bin, and only the second one will be used and the first is filler (also known as stacking). The bin B9 switch is implemented in software, not hardware so you'll get MAP A and MAP b in the one hit as a single file to burn.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Beaker
cars: VN V8 manual HSV Enhanced
LC 79 single cab
Jimny

Re: Copy bin from NVRam & burn to eprom

Post by Beaker »

Thankyou very much Antus,

I was going crazy reading all the threads but it's ultimately really easy :)
Thanks for your quick response.