REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
The1

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by The1 »

Looks like all the pins are there except OE and CE A15/A16, which would be fine to jumper across i think there just high/low when reading and address lines. Now to make up a adapter board to plug ostrich straight into the board.
Attachments
flash pcm pinout.jpg
flash pcm pinout.jpg (166.28 KiB) Viewed 19471 times
Tuning vx
cars: 02 vx commodore

Post by Tuning vx »

I know this is a old post but did anything come from this? I have a n/a vx and I'm learning how to tune with tunerproRT and would love to be able to real time tune rather then having to unplug my ecu plug in the bench harness and so on.

Is there a way to real time tune the vx or should I just get a loom and ecu out of a different Holden?

Please can someone simply tell me what it is I need to do so I can just follow your instructions.

Thanks in advance
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What are your skills like? I think while its possible, its just way to high barrier to entry for most people, and logging data, reflash cal is enough for most people. You could convert to a VT computer and supercharged enhanced bin, then use a pcm nvram, but you'll need a lot of loom work for that too.

So to do it on the VX computer you'd need to wire those connections above with really short cables to a socket with the pins connected the same as the socket in the earliers pcm, add jumpers for OE and CE pins, then get a pcm nvram and plug it in without damaging anything and either make it fit in the vx case or secure it without the case / make a new case, then I guess load a normal flash bin the the nvram and see if it runs the car and talks to your pc, and if it does then you'll need to ask the1 for the realtime VX/VY bin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Unfinished RT VX VY PCM Possible 160 fps
IMG_VX-VY Real Time.jpg
No time to complete.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Tuning vx wrote:I know this is a old post but did anything come from this? I have a n/a vx and I'm learning how to tune with tunerproRT and would love to be able to real time tune rather then having to unplug my ecu plug in the bench harness and so on.

Is there a way to real time tune the vx or should I just get a loom and ecu out of a different Holden?

Please can someone simply tell me what it is I need to do so I can just follow your instructions.

Thanks in advance
You can flash it in the car rather than taking it out.

I find most of the time ill do a log and take my time looking at it to then go back to the car a few days later to flash a new Bin and get a new log.
On the dyno and some idle and cruise adjustments would be perfect for real time bit its not a deal breaker.

I would defiantly look to implement real time if it becomes a reliable option.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Just note its safer to do a write cal, not bin, as it does not need to re-write the whole pcm then, and does not risk the boot sector.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396