Wanted 808/082 Engine loom plugs and pigtails

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Beaker
cars: VN V8 manual HSV Enhanced
LC 79 single cab
Jimny

Wanted 808/082 Engine loom plugs and pigtails

Post by Beaker »

I am looking for the two plugs with pigtails only (not full looms) for a 808/082 ECU.
Will be used for bench testing.
John.
Beaker
LC 79 single cab
Jimny

Re: Wanted 808/082 Engine loom plugs and pigtails

Post by Beaker »

Fo anyone interested here are the part numbers for everything.
They are available from multiple sources but cheapest and who currently has stocks for all parts is here...
https://www.customconnectorkits.com/
Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 6.01.16 pm.jpg
Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 6.01.16 pm.jpg (155.4 KiB) Viewed 5563 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I got almost all my stuff from EFIconnection in the US, they have these as well.

But this list is great as there are the part numbers for reference. That in itself is very valuable :thumbup:

Your eyes go square very quick when you start adding all the individual terminals, locks, housing, seals etc.. to the shopping cart. :wall: :comp:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Beaker
LC 79 single cab
Jimny

Post by Beaker »

Not only do your eyes go square, the wallet starts crying :(

Mine are stuck at Mel Customs awaiting clearance for the last week, am patiently waiting :)
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

Yep, finding all the part numbers, which ones you actually need for the wiring you have, etc is a nightmare, then half the sites that supply them want you to request a quote instead of just letting you buy outright. Seems like the connector industry is like 20 years behind the rest of the world lol.

Be sure to check for other housings that are the same family, sometimes there's different patterns of keying/block offs, sometimes it's really hard to notice the differences with out going cross-eyed looking at the spec sheets lol.

Buying in higher quantities generally helps a lot for the price per unit costs, but it can add up really fast too. I generally target 100 qty and 1000+ terminals when possible, but I'm making harnesses for resale.

Anyway, good luck with the project. If you don't already have a tool for crimping those, I suspect the similar family crimpers would work.

These ones look like they are for non-sealed terminals
https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php? ... ory_id=405

The bottom blue tool on this page is the one I use quite often for the seal crimps on a ton of different terminals. There's a red handle version that does smaller seals, but I don't see that one listed any more.

http://www.cycleterminal.com/crimp-tools.html
Ford EEC-V Bin Converter (bank swapping and padding): viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342