Tuning my nan's vy series II

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
dat111
cars: WH ls1 statesman

Tuning my nan's vy series II

Post by dat111 »

Hey guys.

I'm new to the aldl world. I want to sharpen up the shift points in my nan's vyII. Also turn on lean cruise. An do away with the rear 02 sensors

I don't have a bin. Or anything as of yet. I've just been going through the available bins an xdf I've found on here using tuner pro. But I haven't been able to find the shift times. I'm use to using hp tuners for my LS1

Anybody have information on shift times, an how to sharpen them out?
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: Tuning my nan's vy series II

Post by hjtrbo »

Have you got an hp read? If yes, post it here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Tuning my nan's vy series II

Post by antus »

I think he's probably talking about an ecotec on ALDL. So wont be supported by HPT. @dat111 have a look at the Delco OSE Flash tool. You can safely do a read. Usually people will swap over to the1s enhanced tune even for a stock engine because the bins/xdf/adx are good. If you do that you need to write the bin once, first, then only write cal after that. The process is a bit funny, you need to let it write twice and select "fix the checksum". I think there is a videoon youtube that shows you how to do it. This is because some of the information that is included in the checksum isn't in the bin, so the checksum cant be set in the original file and can only be updated by the flash at the end of the second run through. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZe__r25DQ
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396