How to loose 200kgs?....

immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by immortality »

Slowly been going back over this thread.
Gareth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm Been a long time since last update so I thought I should share these...

0EA50C4B-2E84-40E9-B746-7B9379953BDE.jpeg
Which intake manifold is that L26?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah, L26 but flipped backwards (actually forwards).
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I was considering trying one on the VT and seeing how it goes with a turbo...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Should make a decent gain at the same boost, the aussie manifolds however convenient they are, they are very restrictive due to the tiny and un-portable runners.

Pretty sure Gareth has a pic somewhere on this thread or another with a cut open lower runners, they are like something around 35 x 20mm iirc in size at the smallest point with no real meat to port them much bigger. The US manifolds are much much bigger, the lower runners are more than double the cross section area than the aussie ones and are a decent basis for a hot engine, NA or boost. Where ours are not that great NA and ok with boost.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I don't think you guys ever posted those pics in this thread, or the mods made to the plenum runners.

I port matched a ecotec plenum to LIM once when fitting a 12mm spacer and yes there is fuck all meat there to grind away. They are small.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I thought there was some pics? Maybe only amongst ourselves as a lot of this info was kept to a min for obvious reasons.

Either way, there was some small cutting and welding on the LIM of the L26 manifold to clear a spot on the timing cover if I recall to flip it the other way.