vn 5l th 700 conversion

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Holden202T

Re: vn 5l th 700 conversion

Post by Holden202T »

i dunno why you'd do that unless its a poor mans was of changing the pulses per km ?

but if you can get into the tune it is not an issue.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If your talking about the 10k resistor here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 436#p40199

Its a pullup resistor so the signal is a 12V square wave to the ECU. Its not required on a Delco as the ECU has one internally. Some aftermarket ECUs may require it.
vnkiller
cars: vn calias ve sv6 hq tonner
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

So i can ignore the diagram and hook up with out it and use it as i thought

Tgats fantastic news. Made my day
gaza_2
cars: VH sle 5.0 injected
Hj panel van project
80 series landcruisern1FZFE

Post by gaza_2 »

hi just looking over my info and my wiring diagram shows a7 is tcc lockup solenoid grey/red trace( I think that one also goes to the plug near ecu), and c7 is 4th gear/ temp switch light blue. (these are on that 4 pin connector on the gearbox)

also you previously mentioned a grey wire that is you neutral safety switch (grey wire on pin b10 as mentoioned by holden202t), this is on your shifter(clear rectangular plug 4 wires, flat pins) on that little loom inside the car which als has a pink ( same positive feed as vss & tcc) and green wire in it which is for your reverse lights, other plugs on that loom are for shifter illumination, and the cigarette lighter and illumination

hope this confirms your thinking, as for hooking it all up, just run a few wires from the computer to the trans wiring harness and rat a female plug from the wreckers (or even an internal loom from a vn v6 as they are the same) and hook it up with a wiring diagram and go nuts with the soldering iron, or if you get dead set stuck I can sort a loom out for you, but probably cheaper to do it for yourself.
cheers gareth
vnkiller
cars: vn calias ve sv6 hq tonner
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

the shifter wiring will be dicfernt on mine im using a b and m as box is heavioy modded. also easier to fit that the ugly commy crap so ill only use the grey wire and loop it into exsisting neutal safety

cheers guys but it is all running now an has been for a few days
ill do tidy up then go see ryan for the nvram mod
and ill probbably drive it there
upyas
cars: vy s

Post by upyas »

can someone tell me what you need to set the ppk value to ? and where in the list is this option ?

cheers