T43 TCM programming Issues

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Knackersjewels
cars: 2x VZ alloytec
VY SS L98 ute

T43 TCM programming Issues

Post by Knackersjewels »

Hey guys, not sure if this is a ood place to ask, but has anyone had issues programming a T43 with SPS?

I've been brought a car with an incorrect OS, and stuck in trans limp mode.

I attempted to reprogram it with SPS2, and it went through the whole process of writing, then failed at the finish, as it checked for the OS response from the TCM.
Now the TCm reports its hardware, and that it is present on the CANbus, but I cannot get it to communicate, and it reports have having no calibration installed at all.

I have since attempted to program multiple times, in car, and after talking to acdelco support, I even tried on the bench, with no success. Even DPS fails at the same point.

Has anyone experienced this, and maybe know of a way to fix it?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: T43 TCM programming Issues

Post by Tazzi »

Knackersjewels wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:18 am Has anyone experienced this, and maybe know of a way to fix it?
Send me the SPS log so I can look where it is actually failing.

But if its due to hardware/OS cross flashing, then there are segments which do not get flashed which can result in failed flashing/incorrect operation of the TCM.

For instance, it would be like trying to flash a 5byte security operating system onto an ECU which is normally 2byte security. It may flash successful, but results in a much bigger problem.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Just went thru this with an independent garage that put a used transmission into a 2016 Acadia. They had some remote flashing company come to them and they bricked it, making it even worse. This was disclosed to me AFTER I drove there and starting looking at it and told them this was not a simple reflash since the way it was reporting back was real odd..

By the time I got it I could still read the flash, but the VIN I found in the eeprom section showed it to be a 2012 Traverse. I can only guess the boot and eeprom layout was different since it no longer showed a valid vin, or reported back Os and cals correctly and reported OS and cals were not programmed.. I tried with my own tools and was able to write OS and cals but with the wrong boot and eeprom it still reported that they were missing. If they had made me aware of a previous person attempting and bricking I might have brought the IO prog and cloned it to a similar and compatible file but they did not and I was not driving 1.5 hours roundtrip to try again unless they wanted to pay for it. I have no idea if cloning would have worked or if there were actual hardware differences between 2012 and 2016..

Guessing this is your scenario..
Knackersjewels
VY SS L98 ute

Post by Knackersjewels »

ironduke wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:46 am Just went thru this with an independent garage that put a used transmission into a 2016 Acadia. They had some remote flashing company come to them and they bricked it, making it even worse. This was disclosed to me AFTER I drove there and starting looking at it and told them this was not a simple reflash since the way it was reporting back was real odd..

By the time I got it I could still read the flash, but the VIN I found in the eeprom section showed it to be a 2012 Traverse. I can only guess the boot and eeprom layout was different since it no longer showed a valid vin, or reported back Os and cals correctly and reported OS and cals were not programmed.. I tried with my own tools and was able to write OS and cals but with the wrong boot and eeprom it still reported that they were missing. If they had made me aware of a previous person attempting and bricking I might have brought the IO prog and cloned it to a similar and compatible file but they did not and I was not driving 1.5 hours roundtrip to try again unless they wanted to pay for it. I have no idea if cloning would have worked or if there were actual hardware differences between 2012 and 2016..

Guessing this is your scenario..

Basically same scenario, in 2008 VE SS. Like you say, it's like it's bricked, but still says it's a present module on the network. But any request for VIN, OS or cal comes back empty
Knackersjewels
VY SS L98 ute

Post by Knackersjewels »

Tazzi wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:27 am
Knackersjewels wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:18 am Has anyone experienced this, and maybe know of a way to fix it?
Send me the SPS log so I can look where it is actually failing.
This is a dps log, same thing
DPSLOG08vetcm.txt
(159.46 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

That looks like it's responding the same as the one I was working on.. I suspect you could bring it back to life if you tried programming the correct OS and calibrations to match the boot and eeprom just like the E38 ecm's. Do you have anything to read the flash? You could probably find the vin and then find a matching bin to at least bring it back to life.. Doesn't do you much good if it's not the correct OS for your use though.. Cloning an entire bin containing the OS you want might be successful but only clone option I know of is the IO prog, I'm sure there are others though.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

being a 2008 ve, you can only use upto a 9cva based tcm. not a 0cva or newer. if it's a 9cva labelled box, u can do a full flash of a compatible os still. the late 2008/early 09 uses 12624402 for ecu os & T43 uses 24249179.

24243170 os will flash onto a later tcm, but it wont work still. which is what you got here.

Techm module is not compatible.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I can see in the log that its failing to write the Repairer Serial number right at the end of the flash.
The actual flashing was successful, but that does not mean its compatible and happy.

Typically see that when its a later/newer TCM then what is required.

I can tell it is in recovery mode based on its initial responses also. Its also reporting back that its unhappy with the flash.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Knackersjewels
VY SS L98 ute

Post by Knackersjewels »

Okay, I was told it was a 2008 tehcm, because the trans was a 2014, and they swapped this one in. So potentially they haven't told me the truth, this could be the 2014 one. I'll see if it'll program itself with a later OS
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

they should keep the 2014 valve body, but move the techm/solenoids over. the later valve body is much better.