Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Ford information and tools can be found here
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: Ford EEC-V Tuner Site

Post by pman92 »

Gareth wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:20 pm Is the AASRA worth while?
Only if your looking to find OEM service / repair info or do reprogramming.
I'm sure the whole things a bit of a revenue raiser and just making some cushy jobs. Not sure what the $99/year membership gets you - other than being "accredited" so you can then go and purchase the service or reprogramming subscription separately (which is what you actually wanted to start with). Some of the OEM portals use your AASRA login details to login, but others you have to create a separate account.
You've got to download the AUTHY app on your phone for 2FA - it's not optional, can't use google authenticator or whatever token generating app you use for everything else (I emailed them and tried), has to be AUTHY. I'm sure there's criminals everywhere out there waiting to hack into my AASRA account so they can use it for a whole lot of nothing.
There's a similar setup in the states that the AASRA is based off - the NASTF ( https://wp.nastf.org/?page_id=3969 ). Standard membership over there is free, and I'm sure the whole system probably works better as well.
EV accreditation is pretty well necessary for most current model stuff. The OEM's worked out they can lock up the whole service manual if there's a section in it relating to anything high voltage. You won't get anything for a Camry, Corolla, Rav4, even if its a straight petrol one, because they had hybrid options. Same will be true now for current model Hilux.
Some of the stuff has actually became harder and more expensive to access than it was before (eg. GM ACdelco website or Toyota manuals). And every portal is different - you have to work out how to use them.
The only advantage is it applies to all makes and models - so you CAN get the information if you really really need it.
In the real world though I rarely use it. It would be a last resort to find some information, only if it wasn't readily available elsewhere and I really had to have it. Most people I know in the industry aren't members.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

220k file size support added. I confirmed by converting to Tunerpro 256k format then uploaded the new file and converted back and bindiff'ed it and it's an exact match. Checksums in those files are calculated different than all the other's I've seen so there's at least 3 ways EEC-V checksums are calculated.

I added FGBC7 strategy for the checksum math, however the pats code doesn't match any masks so it's in the queue to work out.

While on the subject of file formats, does anyone have vbf files in the actual vbf format for the EEC-V computers? I've read online that it used to be possible to download these from Ford and convert to bin format using a tool or manually. I suspect those files might be hanging around yet some, so would be interesting to see how hard it would be to add support for them at least as far as converting to bin in the format desired. Know nothing about the format but people online says the format is pretty intuitive to work out. If all the data to generate the vbf format exists in the file, then it could be an option to convert to as well.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
  • Bank Swapping
  • View VIN and other info about the bin file
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I don’t think the eec files ever came out as vbf as I’ve worked with the later vbf files for SID controllers & they weren’t hard to deal with just needed 3 different vbf files to make the entire binary that was on the controller.
DWS

Post by DWS »

Got through all of the A's and ran them against the masks. Updated the site and posted all of the A strategies and their status on the Goals/Progress post (2nd post in this thread).
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Bank Swapping
DWS

Post by DWS »

Got through all of the files, was hoping to maintain around 90% found, but looks like a lot of them are the older code or something (ones I haven't focused on as much).

Pushing close to 500 unique strategies. If I can find the document I was looking at before, I should be able to generate a list of missing strategies, but as always, looking for any new ones the site doesn't have.

One strategy is unique, all files I have says the code is from 2010 and the checksum seems to be calculated a bit differently. PCM Flash does detect it correctly though. The strategy is VQAAL, so for right now the server is going to say it's not setup for it, but until I work out what's going on for that single strategy, it's kind of a false flag. The PATS code isn't detected in it either so got some work to do around that one lol.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Bank Swapping
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah the VQAALN5, VQAALT3 & VRAALN3 files are weird to have date 2010 for that old model controller is weird... it must have been an update that Ford must have thought needed to be done.
DWS

Post by DWS »

That or some sort of emissions mandate, recall, etc.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Bank Swapping
ATPCR
cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999

Post by ATPCR »

I have a couple of questions about your site. I'll pm you.
ATPCR
cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999

Post by ATPCR »

On your first page of this thread where you have all of your strategies that you do or don't have, Is the someplace that the 5 character strategy listing can be plugged in to say what kind of EEC-V vehicle that the missing files pertain to? Soon I will be going to the local LKQ and a salvage yard or 2. LKQ ~ $65- for a PCM and the salvage yard/s $35 and up. I wouldn't be able to read any files in the used parts yards between having to tote in the equipment, if they would even let me, and the lack of a stable 12.5 volt source.
DWS

Post by DWS »

I plan on making a list of vehicles and such for ones I don't have yet, but the demo derby side of things have kept me busy lately.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
  • Bank Swapping