GM Global B EPS reprogram possible?

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
C8tinkering
cars: 1950 3100 LS2 swapped
1947 3100 5.3 swapped
2020 corvette C8

GM Global B EPS reprogram possible?

Post by C8tinkering »

I WILL PAY SOMEONE IF THEY CAN FIX THIS!! not asking for a handout! This is only my second post and I’ve spent weeks looking for someone who is capable of doing this! I’d be happy to pay someone if they can fix this situation 🤦🏻‍♂️ so long story short I’m rebuilding a 2020 corvette that had a front end collision. Got everything back together however, the previous owner had replaced the rack and pinion with a used unit from another Vette that he bought off eBay with less than 1200 miles on it. And here lies the problem…. The racks are programmed to the VIN on each car. The rack in my car still has the vin in it from the car it came from. I need to reprogram my rack with my vin to make it work with my system. I’ve been told this can be done 2 different ways. One is someone have the ?seed key generator? Or a paid version of legit DPS. I’d be more than happy to pay someone for their services if anyone knows how to take care of this! Thanks for any insight anyone has!
kur4o

Re: GM Global B EPS reprogram possible?

Post by kur4o »

Why do you think 2020 corvette is globalB platform. AT least the pcm is a globalA.
What kind of scan tools do you have around.
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

2020 Corvette is absolutely VIP/Global B.

https://gm-techlink.com/wp-content/uplo ... h_2021.pdf

There is no such thing as a "paid, legit" version of DPS. It's an internal GM engineering tool that was never meant to be used by anyone outside of GM. The pirated versions can't connect to the Global B security key server anyway.

It sucks, but your best bet is going to be to buy a new rack.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Not sure if you can manually input the key into DPS but you could sniff the key during a reprogramming event of the rack. I am assuming the seed isn't rolling like some fords?
Then you've still got to find out if it lets you change the vin and if there's any immo keys involved? Honestly not sure or too good with that personally but I know they exist.
New rack does seem easier unless you've got lots of spare time.. I'd like to take a look at the utility file myself but that's newer than anything I've messed with so no promises I'd even get anywhere..
C8tinkering
1947 3100 5.3 swapped
2020 corvette C8

Post by C8tinkering »

When I get the calibration files this weekend I’d be happy to send them to someone to look over. Other option I’m wondering is if the programming is just in the assist motor, and if just switching to a new assist motor would allow programming
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

ironduke wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:54 pm Not sure if you can manually input the key into DPS but you could sniff the key during a reprogramming event of the rack. I am assuming the seed isn't rolling like some fords?
Then you've still got to find out if it lets you change the vin and if there's any immo keys involved? Honestly not sure or too good with that personally but I know they exist.
New rack does seem easier unless you've got lots of spare time.. I'd like to take a look at the utility file myself but that's newer than anything I've messed with so no promises I'd even get anywhere..
They are rolling seed/key unfortunately, which adds to its complexity. :wtf:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

I don't think you can buy the motor separately from the rack.

Even if you can get around the VIN thing, I think the rack motor is part of the security infrastructure for the car. So there's a whole key reprovisioning sequence you have to go through after it's programmed. That's at least a normal SPS function you can access with one of the 3 day subscriptions.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Gatecrasher wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:50 am I don't think you can buy the motor separately from the rack.

Even if you can get around the VIN thing, I think the rack motor is part of the security infrastructure for the car. So there's a whole key reprovisioning sequence you have to go through after it's programmed. That's at least a normal SPS function you can access with one of the 3 day subscriptions.
I think your only going to be able to provision or setup a new module though, right??
Sucks about the rolling seed, yeah that's only gonna work with the gm server afaik or something else that can calculate it on the fly.
C8tinkering
1947 3100 5.3 swapped
2020 corvette C8

Post by C8tinkering »

The assist motor can be ordered for 600 and seperate from the rack. That where all the plugs are for the rack so that’s what was making me wonder if just changing that would work
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

I'd think that should work, but I've never done any of this on a post-2020 GM car. So take that for what little it's worth.