Suzuki Hayabusa 2022+ Development

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Dancycles
cars: Suzuki Hayabusa

Suzuki Hayabusa 2022+ Development

Post by Dancycles »

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project to flash and modify the ECU on my 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa over CAN bus, to run boost using a 3bar MAP sensor.

Here's what I've done so far:

Successfully dumped the firmware from the ECU.
Identified the microprocessor as a Renesas RH850/E1L R7F701201.
Currently in the process of reverse engineering the firmware.

I know this has been done for the Hayabusa Gen 2, and there's even a free software called ECU Editor for that purpose.
However, the people who created that software are not interested in developing it for the Gen 3.
I saw bubba2533 LS1 Boost OS and is pretty much what i want to do, my goal is to be able to run boost on the stock ECU and share all the information I discover for free with the community.

Looking forward to sharing my journey and learning from any insights the community has to offer.
I'm also interested in a mentor or teacher that i could pay hourly to help with my studies ( so far I'm just doing google search and ChatGPT )

Thanks in advance for your support!
Attachments
Hayabusa gen 3 stock.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
Dancycles

Re: Suzuki Hayabusa 2022+ Development

Post by Dancycles »

Quick update, i found a guy selling a XDF file for the Hayabusa gen 3, so this will speed up the process a lot.

I'm attaching the XDF file, if anyone can help out to create the boosted maps i appreciate it :D
Attachments
Suzuki-GSXR1300-32910-10LX0.xdf
(199.02 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sounds really interesting, hopefully someone with better knowledge can help!
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Probably be cheaper in the long run to just wire in an aftermarket ecu?

does the stock ecu run a wideband?
Dancycles

Post by Dancycles »

My plan was to just run low boost, the stock ecu have a lot of functions like, wheelie control, cruise control, ABS and more, the only thing missing is more power, a low boost setup with stock fueling system and 6-7 psi is enough and you can keep all the oem features

I created this 3d printed adapter to use the second fuel injectors at the same angle of the oem, and you can use the Hayabusa gen 2 plenum on the gen 3, so is a easy and cheap way to turbo the gen 3, the only thing missing is the way to add fuel by manifold positive pressure, it would be a super easy and cheap way to turbo the motorcycle and it will still feel like a stock bike Image

I think the motorcycle comes with a narrowband sensor, I will check to make sure, but some ppl did change the narrowband for a wideband on the gen 2 Hayabusa for data logging
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Still super interested, with most wideband kits like spartan 14.7 you can use wideband and simulate narrowband to feedback to stock ecu signal!
Dancycles

Post by Dancycles »

For the hayabusa Gen 2, they created a free software called Ecu Editor http://www.ecueditor.com/ source https://github.com/mkorkalo/BusaECUeditor
i attached 2 bin files, Stock ecu and Boost map on, is a M32R196
comparing the hex of both i can see where they created the custom maps

i also changed the values to 99 just to see exactly where is the data stored

So, in my head, i think i should go to each section that was changed from the Stock map to Boost map on, and see what was changed so i can replicate on the Gen3
but unfortunately, looking at Ghidra, i have no idea what is what... ( my fault for learning 3d modeling instead of coding...)

Attachments
STOCK ECU OPEN.bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Boost map ON Legacy.bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Last edited by Dancycles on Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I can have a look at those when I get a chance & see if there’s not too many changes I can try & find the same section in newer file & copy across changes… I can’t code either but can edit raw files pretty well.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Is there an xdf made up for that gen2 ecu with the boost mod included?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

First things first, are the gen 2 and gen 3 the same cpu? similar os? similar hardware? I would assume that if the gen 2 team have no interest in gen 3 then there is a good chance not much of the above can be re-used, but please prove me wrong.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396