antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco

Post by antus »

So it looks like we're triggering at 60 degrees different in our implementations, but then you are wiring the coilpacks one coilpack out, which is offsetting the firing order by 1 cyl and making up for it, and its batch injection so it runs fine.

But in the 4 cyl you only have 2 coils so you cant get the same offset by moving the order you place the coils with that trigger (trigger is the same for 4cyl and 6cyl), so that mine works with 60/70 (and that the reference is configured to 60/70) I think that proves that its not supposed to be 10 degrees, even if it was working on your 6cyl like that.

Thats probably also why the motec one says BCA, they've done the same thing in their documentation. If would be ABC if they used the right reference angle.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Thanks for your reply, I will do some reading and have another look at it...

Ok thanks again everyone for there advice and time. I have my engine running now just for a short time but I am on the right track now.

I think the main thing was the coil from plugs 3+4 was not working I was chasing my tail wasted a lot of time with this .... SO anyone out there using the cheap ebay coils make sure the 2 prog connection feel firm when pluging in coil. I just slightly bent back the lugs but i think I will work on a better fix.

I have basically gone back to original possition with crank wheel and sensor pointing at 0deg .. and engine on 0deg TDC .When i get some time i will do a how to on how i did it . I know there are people with other ideas . This is just what ended up working for me.
Vrv8hz

Post by Vrv8hz »

Good work 👍 one step closer :turbo:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I can tell you for sure 0 degrees is wrong. Please dont document that in a howto. Otherwise, good stuff. As you can see it should be 60 but you can get away with 10 and offset the coils by one if you are on a 6 cylinder but it cant be done for 4 cylinder even though it is the same trigger. So this is what you have done on your 6, then you are 10 degrees out on top of that. So when you are starting it you'll get a weak start because you have no advance and you should be getting 10 from the module before the ecu gets sync, and when you have it idling, and put it in to diag mode for 10 degrees delivery, you'll get 0 deg. Though that's give or take because of accuracy in everything.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Are you saying that this picture of the jackaroo coil pack with its firing order 123456 and its BCA coil pattern is wrong?....After reading previous post I think that's what you saying.

I wont be doing a how to untill i know myself exactly how it works. base timing,idle,everything. I have not seen an exact how to on this website that shows it. I have found that there are many people with different ideas of how it works.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yeah i am saying the Motec document is out by 60 degrees and 1 coil. And they cancel each other out and since we are not running sequential injection it's only academic because the result works. But its still wrong. I think it should be 60 degrees reference as the factory does it in their tunes and coil order ABC.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

For a 6 Cylinder with firing order 153624 this should be how you connect the coils to leads, then the only thing left will be the crank trigger being in the right spot!

2024-06-12_11-58-37.png
2024-06-12_11-58-37.png (18.15 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Holden202T wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:00 pm For a 6 Cylinder with firing order 153624 this should be how you connect the coils to leads, then the only thing left will be the crank trigger being in the right spot!

2024-06-12_11-58-37.png
Yeah mate this is the config that i have had it running. But Antus tells me that coil pattern and and sensor position is wrong. I don’t know but you guys have had a lot more experience than me. (AS ABOVE)

I would like to get it setup the right way. The isuzu picture of the coil order (page 10 last post) is what you have said.is correct and that matches the isuzu manual but that picture is all i could find. I have not been able to find a workshop manual that shows sensor setup ect.....
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Holden202T wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:00 pm For a 6 Cylinder with firing order 153624 this should be how you connect the coils to leads, then the only thing left will be the crank trigger being in the right spot!

2024-06-12_11-58-37.png
That looks correct to me.

Each coil should be on 2 opposite cylinders, so when it fires the spark in the waste cylinder that isn't at the top of the compression stroke, is at the top of the exhaust stroke.

EG cylinder 1 should be on the same coil as cylinder 6.

If you offset the cylinders by 1, wouldn't that put the waste spark on a cylinder elsewhere in the cycle?
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Not 1, one coilpack. But definitely set the reference angle to 60 not 0 in the tune, then see how you go.