Yamaha Waverunner OBDII Logging

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Yamaha Waverunner OBDII Logging

Post by VL400 »

Being the type that just cant leave things alone have tried to start logging my jet ski, a 2011 FX SHO. There is bugger all info about these in the public domain, the ECU can be reflashed but its all mail order only and US$750. Have already bought a spare ECU to play with but its mighty complex, word around the traps is its a tripple processor 32bit ECU - its made by misubishi electric so EcuFlash may have some hope of one day connecting to it. Its also potted (read water-proofed and totally enclosed in a silicone type substance) so need to destroy it to get access.

Anyway, step one was to start logging the sucker. Its a K-Line OBDII interface (except it does not look to comply to the ISO14230 standards), picked up a dirt cheap VAG COM interface on eBay and pulled it apart (no OBDII connector, have to remove the dash from the K-Line bus and connect there)...
Connection.jpg
Connection.jpg (37.43 KiB) Viewed 14337 times

Made up a TP ADX with the basics and got a log of it starting. Am stuck now at the point of getting the conversion factors right (added some dodgy ones that seem to make the values close to what should be correct). Will need to prioritise the items once the conversions are worked out, there is no need to log the temp values as often so should be able to speed up other fast moving items. Its looking promising though :thumbup:
Attachments
FX SHO Logging.adx
V1.01
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 706 times
Test Start Log.xdl
(18.61 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
The1

Re: Yamaha Waverunner OBDII Logging

Post by The1 »

your like my uncle, gets more shakey the longer he doesn't pull something apart.

Nice Work
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

About a year ago my mate who owns a jetski shop gave me the task of hacking one of those ecms or delcoing it.
Motec sell a ecu package that is a direct pluggin ,but it is nearly $5000.My mate has one on his yamaha ski.
Very hard to convert to delco as it has drive by wire and dfi all controlled by the computer,as well as the dash and anti theft and supercharger boost..
As you say it is doable to hack the genuine ecu as a compant in the states is sell them reprogrammed foor $750.Still cant program yourself but.
To make things harder the ecu is sealed unit with that black glue .
I tried to work out how to datalog it as well but couldnt.
Very interesting vl400.If anyone can crack it then yor the man. :lol:
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Ive also got a spare ecu for one as well
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

I also have access to the genuine scantool as well .If that helps in any way.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Oh right, yeah delco would be an impossible task without heaps of changes. The motec package is a great bit of kit and would so like to go down that road but like all motec setups the ECU cost is only half of it (data logging is not even included). My pockets are not even close to that deep :( If you wanna donate the ECU to be pulled apart can PM you my address :lol: But if you want to sell it might be keen, would like one to remove the potting from and keep a good one I can actually use.

Just updated the ADX to V1.01, inj PW and spark advance calcs added and seem correct now too.

EDIT: I have the scantool software too. It works with the ebay interface, used portmon to see how it connects and what to request :punk:
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

I would be more thanhappy to donate the ecu to you ,but its was given to me to connect up on the bench for hacking purposes by my mate ,although its been a year since he gave it to me he may ask for it back one day. :thumbdown:
Also you say you had to remove the dash to connect the scantool ,im sure theres a plug near the ecu that the genuine scantool connects to from memory..
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Oh really, if you can find out what plug that is that would be great! The info I had showed you had to unplug the dash , which is behind the panel in the front storage compartment. I want to get the logger on there and go for a lap but having no dash function is not so good. Will have a squiz in the ECU compartment.

If he does want to sell it at any point drop me a line :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

geez theres some stuff in the adx!

is there no other way to log more stuff at once or have you just not gotten that far yet ?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Hopefully I have not gotten that far yet and you can request blocks. At the moment you request items individually, and most items are 16 bit so two requests per item :thumbdown: Its still fairly fast as its all single byte request/response and a small data list.