LC1 Wideband

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Re: LC1 Wideband

Post by VK_3800 »

The exhaust leak is probably your culprit, shouldn't hurt to plumb it up for reading from only two cylinders as long as the engine is in good nick and you're sure you can match the tune to the other two
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

Thank's guys I welded in another bung in front of the slip join today and the wideband is now working sweet!
MOPAR
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

Took the buggy out to do some tuning/Data logging on the weekend the LC-1 worked great for about 10 minutes and then started reading lean again. I have redone the calibration several times checked the wiring and earth's, no exhaust leaks, status light is not showing any faults but every time I start the engine now it it starts of reading around 14 then creeps up to over 20 within a few seconds ???? This thing is really shitting me off! Starting to think I should have bought the AEM unit.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Sounds like you may have mounted the sensor to close to the engine and overheated it.
MOPAR
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

The sensor is close to a meter from the exaust ports be suprised if it over heated it. I had another look at it today and noticed when I was moving the LC-1 controller the status LED would flicker, I gave I a tap with a screwdriver and the status LED went off and the gauge is reading 7.4, It looks as if the controller is not working at all now. Thinking I got a dud unit.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Yeah ,your right ,if its mounted a metre from exhaust ports it shouldnt overheat.
Sounds like you and sprattzvx have both been unlucky and scored a dud. :thumbdown:
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Hey mopar where did you buy the wideband.
If its an authorized dealer youll get warranty asap. If it was an ebay reseller youll have to send it to innovative. Mine was from kade speed qld theyre sending me a whole new kit. Good customer service.
MOPAR
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

I got mine from Kade through their Ebay store. I havn't contacted them yet but I did contacted innovate in the states. they said I can send it to them to get repaired/replaced under warranty. I might ring Kade before I do anything else though. Thanks.