NEED HELP/ADVICE asap

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

NEED HELP/ADVICE asap

Post by sprattzvx »

Well i wired my analogue out put into the ecu side of red b12 and checked the adx which was already setup calc for w/b input, connectd lappy and fired up . Now my fukn widband is DEAD. Checked power supply good, checked i have the correct wire to ecu good checked for stray out put from b12 nothing . WTF. IM HAVIN A HERNIA N SHIT. WHAT COULD IT BE IS IT REALLY DEAD? sorry, calmed down now. No power up at all. Evry thing i did was as per instructions on dh, so im stumped. Shit every where plastic panels evry where wideband out lappy out now i gotta take o2 sensor out drive with hole in exhaust SHIT HELP. :evil:
delcowizzid

Re: NEED HELP/ADVICE asap

Post by delcowizzid »

did you cut the wire going to B12 first if not you just sent 12v straight into the wideband
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Yea mate cut wire isolated loom end and joined at plug end. i also checked the voltage coming from the pcm plug and it was 0.02 or thereabouts. All wiring was done with battery isolated. Ive pulled the gauge and tested it straight to battery and its dead. Im gonna hook it up serial to pc see if theres any life in it. I was praying there was a fuse in the gauge i somehow hadnt read about/seen lol. Any ideas besides post back to innovative and wait for 6 months only to be told "installtion error no warranty" ?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Such a short life. :shock:

RIP
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Yep he was taken before his time...we spent such a great week together, god bless his transistors n shit. :sad2:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

:lol: :lol:

But the wideband blowing up aint so funny.. It might be just coincidence it died at the same time if you have it connected the way you have written. Would have thought that at worst it would blow the digital to analog chip in the MTX if wired wrong (but the way you have it should be fine). There might be a tiny surface mount fuse inside it thats blown? Never pulled mine apart to see what its like inside.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Na its not real funny but shit happens. I was carefull with the wiring, like i said all isolated and wotnot, i also read over a few other earlier threads by yourself and 202 on the setup. I sent an email to kade speed and marine asking nicely for a replacement, but im sure theyll point me at innovative. Put me back a step was keen on some minor tune changes soon. Its gotta be coincidence. Ill be a bit sheepish tryin again with a new gauge maybe wack a diode in line with b12. Do you think that small stray voltage feedback was enough to fry the unit...gears are turnin....missus says i should play darts or archery or sumshit for hobby. PISS OF WITH THAT SHIT I SAY. End winge.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

B12 is an input to the ECU so shouldnt damage anything - there may be a pullup resistor that will show 5v/12v on B12 when open circuit but doubt its got enough guts to blow anything up, and if you measured 0v then there is no pullup and cant see how it would have been damaged. Try with a 10k resistor next time, might help protect it if there is a problem somewhere.
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

Ill be a bit sheepish tryin again with a new gauge maybe wack a diode in line with b12.
A diode will drop 0.6 Volt across it. Since its outputting 0 to 5 v it will probably effect the A/F reading quiet a bit.