808 & JimStim Set-up

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
VX L67 Getrag

808 & JimStim Set-up

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.k. this is a work in progress & many thanks to VL400 & Matt Cramer @ DIY AutoTune.

But I have managed to get the old 808 with one of vl400's rs232 comms boards hooked up with an rs232 to usb adapter to TP5 & log a ose$12p blcd V6 bin & hooked it up to a JimStim 1.4 or 1.5 & got it adjusting everything nicely. It does log a fault code after a little bit of running foe the E.S.T. but I will have to put up with this unless there's an easy way to simulate this?
The only thing I really need to sort out is the L.E.D.s on the JimStim as it has multicolor x 2 L.E.D.s for IAC adjustments up & down & it should have L.E.D.s working for check light, cooling fan, A/c fan, Flex Out put & I think something else & I have these going straight to the pins for L.E.D.s but don't seem to work so will need o find out what to do with these!

I have attached the log & avi wasn't allowed to upload here so I rar'd the photos & avi up & attached.

I will do a longer video but I forgot to bring in a memory card for camera so it's only internal memory & for some stupid reason my rs232 to usb cable has decided not to get recognized by windows anymore so I will have to get another, I guess you can't expect too much for a $5 job from eBay!
Attachments
4 Phots & 1 avi.rar
(4.16 MiB) Downloaded 341 times
with knock resist(3.94k) & map bridged.xdl
(100.02 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Re: 808 & JimStim Set-up

Post by Six_Shooter »

I use a Jim Stim on my bench as well.

I have had no problems with the LEDs.

The IAC just gets connected like it would to an MS, the 4 pins matched up to the 4 pins for the 808.

As long as the outputs from the 808 are negative, then the LEDs will have no problem running from it.

The Fuel Pump might be opposite polarity though, I know it is on the USDM ECMs.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Helical
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)

Post by Helical »

Forgive the noob question, but what is a JimStim? I had a look at the photos, where can I find out more about his, it looks interesting!

Cheers,
Troy
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its a simulator that can trick the ECU into thinking the engine is attached and running. Helpful for testing things on the bench. For more info .. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jimstim