VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

Post by VL400 »

ADX for logging VX and VY V6 NA and also VU V6 engine and trans data. Let me know of any errors and will fix the definition.

Version History
V1.02 - Initial release
V1.03 - Formatting fixes, gear shifter flags fixed, added combined trans/engine dash.
V1.04 - Broken with TP updates, fixed and tested on 5.00.7575
V1.04.1 - Delcowizzid fixes
V1.04.2 - Yoda edition with mode 4 commands
Attachments
VX Engine and trans TP5 V104 yoda69 edition.adx
(135.19 KiB) Downloaded 1729 times
VX Engine and trans TP5 V104 delcowizzid edition.zip
(11.09 KiB) Downloaded 1224 times
VX Engine and trans TP5 V104.zip
Tested with TunerPro 5.00.7575
(11.25 KiB) Downloaded 1162 times
VX Engine and trans TP5 V103.zip
(11.24 KiB) Downloaded 989 times
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey All,

I'm guessing from the above list's the VX & VY can use the same ADX?

Is there any chance of getting Knock learn added to the monitor 4?

I didn't see it in the values or bitmasks but sure it has to be there somewhere?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yep works with any flash based PCM - so VU too.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Is there any chance of getting knock learn added in the ADX?

Can you also add things from bitmask into the monitor items?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

What do you mean by knock learn? the high/low octane blending?? The current ADX defines everything thats available in the standard stream.

Not as a straight bit AFAIK but you can by making a new item and doing some bit masking on the item.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I Know when I logged my old L67 with kalmaker it had a knock learn percentage so if it wasn't seeing any knock it was at 0% & if it was seeing knock all the time it would eventually get to 100% & then you'd be running 100% on the full knock table & no knock table wouldn't be getting a look in!

Is there any documentation any where for how to add a bit item to then monitor it?
In that adx it has closed loop fuel control but as a bit & not a value so I would like to add when it's in closed loop fuel control in the monitor item so I know exactly when it's in what mode to know what fueling to adjust!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It looks like when I add the closed loop fuel to value as offset 0x22 it may be showing the value of 113(ish) when in closed loop & 55(ish) in open loop does that sound right & can I just make min & max values that & should look like switch or something?

I can't figure out how to find the knock learnt value as a percentage if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400

Post by VL400 »

You will need to mask off the closed loop flag otherwise the number will change when other flags change. Change the calc to... if((X&0x40)>0;255;0)

It should give you 0 when not in closed loop and 255 when in closed loop. Can adjust the 0 and 255 values to suit whatever you want displayed when in closed loop or not.

Or for an even simpler calc you can just make it X&0x40. Will give you 0 and 64, but cant change the numbers.

I dont think the adaptive spark param is sent in the factory data stream, will need to check it out
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks for that with clp fuelling!

Is there anything I can do for testing as far as the knock learn, my guess is they must have done a after calc something Vs something as a value?

Seeing as that was a dead end I think this will too, is there a value to log cat over temp? I'm guessing that didn't come till later?
The1

Post by The1 »

I tryed logging on my first VY, not sure what's going on, it connects fine in tunerpro but all the dash goes stupid, it also comes up with check engine error on the cluster display while logging connected. tried with rs232 echo on and off, it's got bcm chatter disabled, any ideas? I also use flashtool to try and download the bin it starts but always fails, the same connector works fine on my vs's with logging and nvrams.