What is needed to get started

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Blbs84
cars: VR 5.0L MAN Ute
VH 308 Spedway

What is needed to get started

Post by Blbs84 »

Hi, i have a VR 5.0 Man, and am about to pull the motor out and do sme work to it, and when its back in id like to be able to tune it myself in real time, question is, what is needed to do that, im sure there will be an ECU/MEMCAL mod that needs to be done to be able to do this, is there a thread here anywhere i havent been able to find that details this, and also, is dual maps possible, say an extra input to the chip that when signaled will change the spark map, as i run gas/pet, and it would be great to have a tune for each fuel type :punk:
Blbs84
VH 308 Spedway

Re: What is needed to get started

Post by Blbs84 »

OK, some more reading, and im on to it lol, so i need NVRAM, bank switching is possible, and as for the interface to vehicle, tell me if this diagram is correct
max233interface-cable-scematic.jpg
max233interface-cable-scematic.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
The1

Post by The1 »

if you want to buy the bits premade check the for sale forum, connectors,nvrams etc all in there.
Blbs84
VH 308 Spedway

Post by Blbs84 »

Ill get my ALDL - RS232 Controller made first, get that talking to my car (I have a 6 moth break from driving :rant: ) but ive designed a PCB for the board, nice and compact, now just need a Max233, and the raw PCB, and then put it together, i should have a million Serial cables around here somewhere, and ill just use raw pin into the aldl connector for the time being, once im done there, ill slowly progress to the next step :)