Is it possible?

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

Is it possible?

Post by Specops »

Hi all I have a few questions I've looked over this website a few times and figured that realtime tuning is apparently possible for my ecotec powered vs ute but what I'm wondering is how far you can go with a standard delco? I'm in the process of turbocharging it and wondering if I can leave the delco in and have all the necessary tuning options I need? And that I shall be able to tune in realtime at home by myself with just nvram, a aldl to usb cable and tunerpro or If there will be plenty of places in Sydney to get it tuned that aren't going to want my first born as payment basically im wondering does the delco weigh up to the big boys of aftermarket computers when it comes to a modified engine whether it be mild or wild?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Is it possible?

Post by antus »

Yes, the delco is real time tunable and can support boost, and you can do it yourself. We have options here based on the factory supercharged tune. This is good untill about 8 pound boost. If you want to go further than that, kalmaker can be run on it which will handle larger setups. There are tuning shops around that can help with either. What setup do you want to run?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

Re: Is it possible?

Post by Specops »

Will be running intercooled turbo setup at 12psi to start off (that's what the wastegates set to) going 42lb injectors And have installed a bosch 044 already just need to get an adjustable fuel pressure Reg and that's pretty much all the parts done should be all installed and running by Thursday then I'll be just bumping the pressure up on the reg and running it like that till I get a nvram and a proper tune done. I was planning on using efilive and an aldl cable to observe the air fuel ratio and adjusting the fuel reg to maintain a minimum of say 14:1 does anyone happen to know how accurate efilive is? Or have a better suggestion? I do have one of those dfas computers laying around found here http://www.performanceautochip.com/DFAS_p/dfas01.htm
(for those of you that don't know what they are) and yes I do know it's just an interceptor and will never do the job properly but it's just a temporary solution any useful advice would be much appreciated