Immobiliser troubles

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ChrisZylstra89
cars: 1993 VR commodore

Immobiliser troubles

Post by ChrisZylstra89 »

Hi guys I'm new to this site and was just seeking some advice. I have a 93 vr commodore and I have lost all the keys to it. I have tried to change the ignition and use different keys and can't bypass the immobiliser? What's the best thing to do in this case I don't want to spend a fortune on parts? Is there anyway to. Bypass the immobiliser or remove it
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Immobiliser troubles

Post by antus »

You can get or make a tune with vats (vehicle anti theft system) disabled, of you can swap ignition barrels and keys and the BCM from another car to retain the security and have it work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ChrisZylstra89

Post by ChrisZylstra89 »

So I just look at the wreckers or on eBay or something for a new bcm and ignition barrel with keys and the car should work
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yep, BCM and matching key heads (the key itself can be removed from the head, so your ignition barrel can stay as is if you dont want to swap it again).

You can get new keys programmed (although you may need a working key to link the BCM and key head?), but are likely going to cost more than a second hand BCM and keys.

If you disable VATS in the memcal of your PCM there will be an ~2 second delay from turning the key to crank till it actually starts cranking - the BCM will give up trying to sort out the ant-theft with the PCM and just enable the starter relay. Your insurance may not be so forthcoming with a theft payout if they ever found out ;)
ChrisZylstra89

Post by ChrisZylstra89 »

Thanks heaps for the feedback. I think I'll just try to find a second hand bcm and keys it sounds alot easier
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

for the record the vr have 2 different anti theft systems

the low and mid series bcm have the anti theft incorperated in the bcm

the hi and the lux bcm have a seperate TDM " theft deterrent module"

if you have a hi or lux bcm you will need to change the keyfob and the TDM not the keyfob and the BCM as in the low models

from memory the seperate TDM is up in under the dash around the passengers glove box area on the firewall somewhere