l67 > 808 12p

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

l67 > 808 12p

Post by sprattzvx »

hi all. due to some nasty weather, my vx is in a bad way body wise, i was about to add some good shit to the old girl too :x . im on the hunt for a tidy vn to house the l67. ive got a few to look at in the next few days.
the subjects been touched on a few times, but not much detail. the swap needs to be done in 2-3 days from start to finish.
just to make sure im on the right track...
i know the engine and trans is a direct bolt-in(not sure about the sump though0, the vn knock sensors need to be used, the vn coolant sensor also. need to either tap the manifold for the map-or run the map from a boost/vac source. the 4l60e either needs to go, or be converted to full manual transgo shift kit, plug at the firewall needs changing. if i use the t700, i can use my 4l60e stall converter.
bit im not sure about is where the vn engine harness needs to be lengthened. any other bits i should know about?
soon as i find the right vn, ill be onto vl400 for the appropriate nvram and data cable. should go well being 300k lighter :driving:
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: l67 > 808 12p

Post by festy »

sprattzvx wrote:hi all. due to some nasty weather, my vx is in a bad way body wise
I assume VXs don't rust away overnight regardless of how bad the weather is - was it a bad case of hail damage, or did a tree jump out at you in the wet?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

sump is no problem, ecotecs just bolt straight in to the early ones, no change required. for hte coolant, ive just taken the ecotec coolant sensor, which is bigger, then cut the top off flat and drill through the middle of it and tap it to fit the buick sensor :P cheap way out.

usually need to lengthen the wires to the throttle body as ecotec tb is a bit forward of the buick one, tho the l67 one is quite near the back isnt it? it may reach just fine.
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

festy wrote:
sprattzvx wrote:hi all. due to some nasty weather, my vx is in a bad way body wise
I assume VXs don't rust away overnight regardless of how bad the weather is - was it a bad case of hail damage, or did a tree jump out at you in the wet?
yep bad hail, shes in a real state. count about 100 dents i reckon.
jayme the l67 tb is very close to the firewall, so should reach ok. good trick with the sensor, and good to know the sumps ok. you reckon use the 4l60e, or piss it of and go with the vn box and l67 converter?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you also need to find somewhere in the manifold to put the MAT sensor. from memory nothing needs to be lengthened, you just need to peel back some of the tape on the loom and re-route them.

as far as the coolant sensor, you can actually buy the brass adaptor needed if you don't have a tap etc its an easier option.

if it was mine i'd run the T700 will work alot better, but you'll need to connect up the kickdown cable for it, if you do go that way and need a longer kickdown cable get one from a v8, they are about half a meter longer!!
HoldenForever
cars: VS Series 1 V6 & SC14 w/ 7psi pulley intercooled

Post by HoldenForever »

If I were you I would avoid VN - VS live axle bodys. IRS suspension just makes the ride so much better. If your VX is series 2 with the toe control arms you can bolt up the subframe with VX diff and drive shaft end to earlier IRS setups.

I have just gone from a VP live axle to a VS IRS and its a world better ride. Take off grip is better too. If you get a VR/VS body you can bolt on your VX callipers and brake discs (with a shim) to VR VS too.

After going IRS I will never go back to lamp post suspension.