antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Delco DIS On Non DIS Enigine

Post by antus »

No, it has to be the ignition module I linked above. Nothing used that module in au or nz that I am aware of, unfortunatly, but at least delco used a standard interface so it can be fitted to our '808s when imported.

From the add, that is the device with these part numbers. You can try and find one of the equivalents but the engines that would have had it in this part of the world all used the distributor and reluctor such as the JE camira or N13 pulsar.

edit: heres the part numbers:

STANDARD SMP # LX345
BORG WARNER BWD # CBE106
AC DELCO # D1927A
GM # 10467214, 19178829
AIRTEX # 6H1034
WELLS # DR149
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
160jsss
cars: 2xDatsun 160j sss my cars
Wifes car 1948 Chrysler Windsor

Post by 160jsss »

sorry for the dumb questions but can i use the V6 coils module and remove one coil ? tried to look up the part numbers today but there's none in our catalogs ? and the N13 po stars I've had a look under have the ca motor in them ?
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

No, it has to be the D1927a module.
It's not used on any australian cars, your best bet is ebay US.
The v6 commodore coils will fit onto those modules, so you can get those locally.
160jsss
cars: 2xDatsun 160j sss my cars
Wifes car 1948 Chrysler Windsor

Post by 160jsss »

Sweet I've found a car imported into New Zealand
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 214760.htm

Thing is I know some one that sent one of these to the scrap yard about a year ago bugger
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Cool! I gather you found it by part number so it would be the right one, but make sure it is the version with 3 connectors on it. There is also a 2 connector module and that one is not usable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
festy

Post by festy »

Any pointers for interfacing a tacho that expects to be connected to coil negative to the DIS module?
I was going to use a FET to switch ground to the tacho, but now that i think about it the tacho probably triggers on the back-emf voltage spike rather than ground, so that won't work...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

sure do! I used this method recommended by vl400 to get a vk lcd dash tacho that runs off the high voltage spike to run off a VN v6 coil trigger.

I cant find the original schematic that I used but this is close I think. I just pulled apart a relay and wired it up to the legs on the relay and put back together.
HiVTacho.GIF
HiVTacho.GIF (6.37 KiB) Viewed 12905 times
festy

Post by festy »

I assume you pulled the contact actuator out of the relay, or it would be buzzing like crazy...
Does a standard hella-style relay have a big enough coil to give the necessary kick?
Using a 'real' collapsing magnetic field like that sure beats trying to fake one, thanks :thumbup:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah I just used a standard car relay and pried the contact bar out, then rewired the pins to my transistor and realy coil to make it a neat package.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It seems to work for most tachs that use the EMF, but some still need a bigger pulse- my VL dash works until about 4K RPM and then drops to 0RPM with a relay coil