haltech e6a

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
djbrooksy

haltech e6a

Post by djbrooksy »

Hi guys
my little bro got his first car he's over the moon
to make things better we find a aftermarket ecu
hiding under the seat its a old haltech e6a.

Me being me cracked it open only to find it runs
Off a HC11 processor and a eeprom
the ecu has a few neat function and options
When it comes to the timing side of things.

Would anyone want to have a look at the bin from the eeprom if so will pull it out of the socket and get a read from it. The processor is in a socket to if need
VX L67 Getrag

Re: haltech e6a

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sounds interesting, but I don't have any information on them but wouldn't mind having a look!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

antus might be able to comment, his turbo gemini is running a haltech i believe ????

what car is this that your brother has ? i assume for it to have that it must have been modified and re-tuned with the haltech ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah wouldnt mind seeing the bin from it - although it prob has some sort of EEPROM/Flash/NVRAM memory for the tuning - either internal to the HC11 (depending on type) or on an external IC.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah my sr20 gem runs a haltech e6x, at least untill we can adapt the nissan trigger wheel to the '808.. IMHO its not a great ecu. It sparks all the plugs once at key on, and if you have and left over fuel in the cylinders you get one hell of a bang out any open exhaust valves :( Its also got nowhere near the driveability of the '808.. when its cold its a total bitch.. no where near the same amount of temp correction as the 808. But the positive is Haltech support where helpfull when I needed to do board level repairs to one of the ignition drivers.

But anyway.. you can get the software and info from the discontinued product download page here:
http://www.haltech.com/index.php/downlo ... s-products
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

I'm at work at the moment but will get on it when I get home
and post it up

The car is a 91 gsr lancer with a 1.8 twin cam as for the reason
for the ecu who knows as the Guy we got the car off only had it
for a few weeks when it broke down. Looking at the hack job on the install he is lucky that he got that long

So at the moment the ecu and harness is out so I can sort it out

Would be nice to see some of trigger options on a delco as it would make life easy
when it comes to things like a delco powered SR20
Or even the lancer
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

ok after playing games with pc's :comp: i feel its time i upgrade my burnner as my dear old pc i run it off is a dead stick
so the bin file will have to wait

now my problem is i dont have a pc to to talk to this dam ecu. can i use my usb coms borad to talk to it
the ecu has a max232 chip will it be as simple as hooking pins 2,3 and 5 of the 808 connector to the relevant pins of the max chip
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im pretty sure the e6a talks normal rs232 serial so you shouldnt need a max232 at all. You probbaly need an old laptop with a hardware serial port and dos, though. But.. the e6x I have talks normal serial speeds, so you might have some success with dosbox or vmware even with a usb->serial adaptor.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

the ecu has the max chip built in
and the only pc i had with a serial port is now dead

with a bit of toying around from what i read the software will run on xp and some people have had success
with usb adapters just did not want to buy one if i could use the coms board i have