90 80 series Landcruiser
99 Honda Fireblade
05 Harley softail
79 Flightcraft phantom ski boat

And thats just the registered ones....

Gday guys/gals

Post by Bomber Watson »

Hows it going everyone??

I got a bit carried away and jumped strait in with the heavy questions, didnt even notice this section!!

Im Bomber. Industrial media blaster/spray painter from Rockhampton, QLD.

Not much to do here in the middle of bum f*ck nowhere, except drink beer play football and play with noisy/fast things. I dislike football so that leaves me with only two options.

I have found mixing the two remaining options leads to some rather interesting ideas, those who have seen my other thread in the delco conversions section will see what i mean.

I have a strange and unnatural obsession with Holden sixes, mainly 202's. I live and breath the stupid bits of crap. I've noticed theres a few other lads on these forums sporting the generals best so its good to know i might be kinda accepted here haha.

The pride of the fleet is my 73 Lj Torana, TOY-202. Was my first car and wont be going anywhere in a hurry. did a full bare metal and bare shell rebuild between the ages of 14 and 16, then pulled it apart again three years ago for an engine conversion that ended in another full rebuild....I've already started planning the next build before the car even hits the roads again, scary.
DSCF0219.jpg
DSCF0219.jpg (129.22 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
outside9.jpg
outside9.jpg (95.48 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
outside10.jpg
outside10.jpg (132.06 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
Nothing delco related there, i know, please dont ban me yet haha. Need to get some more recent picks, there from a while ago.

Also have a 79 flightcraft phantom thats my other little baby, bit of a work in progress as well
DSCF0201.jpg
DSCF0201.jpg (165.72 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
DSCF0203.jpg
DSCF0203.jpg (108.63 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
Again, nothing delco related, my future here isnt looking good....

And the last precious one is my Harley softail, 05OFT. Again, bit of a work in progress, i have a shelf full of go fast bits from the states that i need to get around to throwing in there....
lowering4.jpg
lowering4.jpg (137.17 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
lowering3.jpg
lowering3.jpg (138.74 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
Shit, still no computers......

My saving grace perhaps? About to part this pile of garbage out, atleast it has a delco....

Daily ride is a 99 Honda Fireblade that i REALLY need to sell before i do my license, and have a 80 series landcruiser as a tow car/rainy day car.

Theres some other bits of shit kicking around the shed, a 74 KZ 400 i payed $50 for that im going to do up ONE DAY, and a 71 superbug that i intend on turning into a drag car with an I beam front end, Volvo diff and 202 half way through the firewall.

Well, think that about covers an introduction for now, hope to annoy you blokes for a while to come haha.

Cheers.
v6bucket

Re: Gday guys/gals

Post by v6bucket »

"Media Blaster" That's a fancy name for a Sand Blaster. :lol:
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I was tryin to figure out wtf a "media blaster" was... it makes sense now :P
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah they call it media blasting now days cause theres many more different types of media than just sand ;)

Bomber, welcome to the forums, we accept all people delco or not :thumbup: i believe that boat of yours is sporting a 202 aswell isn't it ?

the torry looks pretty nice so far! commodore brakes on it assume from the rims ?
Bomber Watson
cars: 73 LJ Torana
90 80 series Landcruiser
99 Honda Fireblade
05 Harley softail
79 Flightcraft phantom ski boat

And thats just the registered ones....

Post by Bomber Watson »

Hey guys.

Firstly, its been illegal to use sand for abrasive blasting for quiet a few years, so the term "sand blaster" is really really really incorrect lol. Abrasive blasting or media blasting are the new terms :p

Holden202. Mate, sadly the boat is sporting a dirty rotten Veeate, a 308 to be exact. I would much prefer a 202 powered one, and intend to own one one day, but the current one i picked up reasonably cheap, and although i've done a fair bit to it to get it how it is now days it still owes me about half what i could sell it for, so im content with the rotten plastic for now :p

And na, Torry is running HQ front brakes and commy rears. HQ pattern all round. The chasers are just on there to roll it around the shed untill i get tyres for the dragway billets.

Will try to get some more recent picks of that one....

Cheers.