VP Tuning Queries

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
v6bucket

Re: VP Tuning Queries

Post by v6bucket »

Ok. Have several spare ECU's, but will have to mount the USB comms board.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If its easier, can try the ECU on a different car, different laptop, check that cables are not routed near ignition sources etc. Does the flashtool have problems with errors?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I've tried the ecu with the comms board in 3 different cars, the UC 202, VP V6 & the V6 Dato, all of them have the same "data error". I've tried 2 different laptops, 1 Toshiba with Vista & a Sony with XP. Have tried 2 different USB cables. If I connect with the flash tool, then with TP5 works OK, then when a "data error" appears, I have to close both the flash tool & TP5, then move the USB plug to another USB port on the laptop, then reconnect the tool & TP5 or I get the problem described here in post #9 https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... =10&t=2297
I've also moved all cables that connect to the laptop & LM-1 away from each other as well as to remove the LM-1 from the system.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

PM me your address and will send you another comms board to try.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

A little more info.
I used the laptop with XP on it today, working with the UC 202. I could connect with TP5 & log(it "data errored" a few times), but could not connect with the flash tool.