VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
The1

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by The1 »

try the new xdf i just did. Let me know if anything doesn't line up.

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=5#p15043

obviously your kph shift points are lining up where you want them to be?
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Thanks for that, I will give it a go. Yes, the KPH shift points are lining nicely at allk except wide open, when im flat out, the ecu just waits for what seems like ages.
I just noticed another xdf for an atmo vs v6 which lists shift rpm and speed shift shift threshold. the SC V6 xdf does not have these, maybe relevant.

I will try your new one right now though.

Thanks
Ev.
The1

Post by The1 »

what's your slip RPM @ WOT, might be slipping hence slower shift times. Under WOT you normally see ruffly around 3-400RPM slip
ev351

Post by ev351 »

300 - 400 sounds about right, ill have another look. just burned a prom using your new xdf .. whoa theres certainly some parameters in there... nice work. im just attacking power mode upshift lines at present, just gonna plug it in and see if theres a difference.
Ev.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Thanks so much for that new XDF, i have now got the little darling to shift at much more reasonable times. The light weight and diff ratio must really mess things up. So anyways, it feels way faster now.

The only things that im not quite sure on, and i will do some more eperimentation with it, unless someone can clarify:

When i make changes to the 1-2-3-4 upshift line in for example power mode, these all take effect except at WOT. (Its not slipping, i had a look at that, and the most slip i see is about 280 - im thinking due to the light weight and diff)

The change i made that seemed to bring the WOT upshift to where i wanted it was 1-2 speed shift threshold and 1-2 rpm shift threshold. What relationship do these have to for example 1-2-3-4 upshift line? is 1-2-3-4 upshift line only for part throttle? anyways, its way interesting, and fun when things start to work.

Once again, Thank You so much to everyone who has helped me with this project, I dont think that you can pay for this kind of expertise, no one would spend the time tinkering.

AWESOME!
Ev.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on this project.
Its been around 9 long months, but I have finally found the time now and then ( and mostly thanks to Dad) to get hold of a 4l60e out of a VY and pull it down to the last nut and bolt and make sure that everything is like new.
I take my hat off to anyone who rebuilds autos and valve bodies and actually does a alf decent job of it. I used the following:

Master rebuild Kit

Full Bush set

New low reverse bonded piston.

Transgo Stage 2 shift kit

Corvette servo

A Standard Stall Speed Converter From a place in Queensland I think it was Diamond Converters or something.

Cost enough, but the cost was nothing compared to putting it all in, and making sure we followed the instructions in the ATSG book. And it that wasnt hard enough, then try fitting the Transgo kit, drilling the valve body separator plate and then putting the odd accumulator piston in backwards because the manual says not to worry what way it came out, just put it in backwards..... It was hard to keep the faith.

Anyway, We finally got it all together and put it back in.

And it was worth the wait... every second. My goodness, it has changed the car completely. Anyone who has read this thread will see that i wasa playing around with shift points and complaing that the TCC would not lock up.

Well, surprise surprise, GM actually do know how to program thier own gearbox (Duh!) I loaded the stock BTBP 4243 shifts back into it, and it just flicks though gears like a bought one. AND the Torque Converter CLutch locks up pretty much all the time you are not planting your foot, which makes for great low RPM cruising even with the sierras 3.98 diff. I calibrated the transgo kit for VERY FIRM shifts, which for anyone who has not installed one is the ahrdest shift except for Full Race... I thought that it may have been a little over the top. I find that very firm is just right for the suzuki, when cruising, you would not know that it had firmer shifts, but when you plant it, it slaps next gear with minimal delay. So the Trans is all done now. The only mod that I did to the EMC program was to raise the 3-4 shift so that it will shift to 3-4 at full throttle, which is handy with that diff ratio.

Another thing which i discovered which may be of interest to someone relates to the PWM fuel pump speed controller.
In another thread, I asked for the wiring pin on the EMC which signals the speed controller. I got the answer, and so set about getting a speed stock speed controller. The reason for this is that i have the stock sierra fuel tank, and so im running a small surge tank with a lift pump and a VL turbo pressure pump. This works great, except that when sitting in traffic, the fuel must get to a tempreture that allows the pump cavitate and it makes a ery embarrassing squealing noise... (as if a yellow suzuki sierra isnt gay enough) and everyone looks at it. So, I hooked up the speed control, the problem is solved. I note that unless you are putting your foot down, the pump is only running off nine volts, and is so quiet that you cannot hear it unless your head is under the car. Its great. When you plant it, up go the volts.

So, in conclusion, I know that there are many who say, just dump the fuel pump controller on a conversion, but there is a place for it depending on your setup. And I want mine to be as much of a sleeper as possible.

On a more fun note, I have not timed it yet, but my friend has a VY2 Clubsport with exhaust and whatever else, We ran down the quater and by the end, the suzuki was just off his back door handle. Im pretty happy so far, as i think that they are supposed to run about 13.5 sec?? Pretty funny in a sierra!!!

Again, Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

Ev.
The1

Post by The1 »

got any speed wobbles in the sierra?

There's a scalar to you can just disable the fuel pump control if you want to use a normal pump, grab the latest xdf in the xdf section ive added and fixed quiet a bit, including categorizing everything.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Thanks The1, but in my case the fuel pump speed control ended up being exactly what i needed to stop it sqeauling and cavitating due to too much fuel pickup and it getting warm. So, yeah, its really useful for me at this point.

Ev.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Oh, and as for speed wwobbles, haha, um yeah, unfortunately im going to have to re align the tail shaft.... the angle is just to much which is causing some vibration.... but its not the end of the world and the car is so funny, and the strange thing is its now useable compared to its poor little 1.3 that was there before, its now quite nice to drive. so, i will be chasing down the vibe and getting rid of it....

Ev.