VS V6 Auto to T5 wiring conversion

Wiring diagrams and questions
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

VS V6 Auto to T5 wiring conversion

Post by immortality »

Hi All,

What is required to get a T5 manual box running properly in a VS (with auto ecu)?

T5 has been fitted, but we are getting an engine check light. What do we need to modify in the wiring/tune to get it to run properly?

It has been fitted with a speed sensor healer which converts the T5 speed sensor signal to suit, however the PCM isn't seeing the speed sensor but the dash speedo is working?

Any help much appreciated.

cheers
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VS V6 Auto to T5 wiring conversion

Post by VL400 »

There is a manual flag to mask all the auto trans errors and also a flag to choose the speed sensor type when manual. With the speedo healer you will need to set both flags, one is "1 = Manual Transmission Option" and the other "1 = Manual Getrag Transmission". The getrag and auto use the same type of sensor so with the speedo healer I think you will need to set this.

Can also convert an auto to manual PCM and wire the T5 sensor direct .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =40#p15740
immortality

Post by immortality »

Thanks for the quick reply. I had set the manual flag in the tune but not the Getrag one. will try that now.

Cheers
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, set Getrag manual = 1 but still no VSS (even though the dash speedo is working) and we are still getting auto trans error codes. Manual trans flag is also set???

any ideas?

cheers
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If it is a stock bin and just changing to manual could always just burn a getrag bin.

Otherwise what bin and xdf are u using?
immortality

Post by immortality »

I was using the original bin (CKUL) from the car as it was tuned to suit a cam, Also has LS1 maf fitted

Using VS V6 $51 v1.22 XDF

I think i'm gonna need a NVram module to suit the VS :think:
immortality

Re: VS V6 Auto to T5 wiring conversion - update

Post by immortality »

OK, We manually unset all the error flags for the auto transmission (and engine check light).

Owner tested signal healer box and it is putting out a simulated sine wave.

uploaded the new tune today. Engine check light is now off, however when we check the DTC codes in tunerpro the same auto trans fault codes are showing as "set"
Still no VSS.

PCM won't go into closed loop mode although it doesn't seem to be in limp home mode.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

im a bit confused mate. so you have the bin and have been editing it. why not just diff it against a stock CKUL find what has been changed and start with a stock manual bin, make the same changes to the manual bin then use that. even then you might still end up with no vss as some of the auto ecus are mising the circuitry for manual vss...

see: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=16199728
immortality

Post by immortality »

I will give a getrag bin a try. I've started transferring the changes to the getrag bin.

The owner is using the speedo healer with the T5 VSS to convert the square wave output of the T5 VSS to a simulated sine wave so that he wouldn't have the issues with the auto PCM not having the circuitry for the T5 VSS.