Constant Battery Voltage Pin A10 VNV6S1

Wiring diagrams and questions
S1VNV6Hilux
cars: VC Wagon, Hilux VN V6

Re: Constant Battery Voltage Pin A10 VNV6S1

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

charlay86 wrote:
S1VNV6Hilux wrote:so before i tried doing that i checked the voltage direct from the A10 pin on the ECU with ignition on i get battery voltage.. should there been any voltage on that pin ??
Was there anything else connected to that pin other than your volt meter?
only the ignition to trigger the ecu runs through the same connector but nothing was hooked direct to the A10.. i just didn't think this pin should have bat voltage as it is the vss input.... i should add there isn't even a vss connected.. just got the wire straight out of pin A10 running to nothing and it has battery voltage... should this be the case ??
Last edited by S1VNV6Hilux on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

just snipped the wire and straight out of the ecu the brown/yellow wire at pin A10 still has bat voltage
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah it will always have battery voltage, there is a 5k pull up resistor to ignition volts on pin A10. The trans speed sensor is a switch that just grounds A10 - if you quickly tap A10 to ground while logging you should see a speed register in TunerPro.
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

VL400 wrote:Yeah it will always have battery voltage, there is a 5k pull up resistor to ignition volts on pin A10. The trans speed sensor is a switch that just grounds A10 - if you quickly tap A10 to ground while logging you should see a speed register in TunerPro.
thankyou once again :punk:
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

Sweet now have road speed in Tuner Pro... My speedo says 30 and Tuner Pro says 60.. i will do a GPS check later to be more accurate by now im getting somewhere.. thank so much to every for there help and patience :punk:
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

Jayme wrote:yes you can edit the ppk in either tune. VN default is 1250, VR default is 6xxx cant rememebr exactly, but the VR doesnt use the divide by 5 circuit like the VN.
but you will need to do a log first to see how far out your pulses per kilometer is to correct it, then just multiply the current ppk value by the error factor. if itw wayyyyy out you might start gettin speed cuts at like 40km'h as it thinks you are doing 240 :P
could you please elaborate a little more on the maths for calculations please... so from what i can tell my wheel speed in Tunerpro is 50% higher than actual road speed.. i am just not too sure i want you mean by multiply the current ppk 1250.05 by the error factor 50% ??
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

ppk is pulses per kilometre, so the higher this value is the lower the ECM thinks the speed is
(new PPK) = (Old PPK) * ((Tunerpro logged value)/(actual road speed))
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

sweet I'll give 2500ppk a crack and see how i go :thumbup: