5l into gq patrol

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

5l into gq patrol

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok so heres the storry so far its a gq patrol running vr auto loom and pcm with a t400 behind it. now ive done the wiring thats all good, i read the eprom erased it reprogrammed it with out vats and a couple of other things put it in the car now it starts and runs but its down on power engine check light on and im getting random figures when trying to log from it fault code that i get coming out through flash codes is 12 all ok ove pulled th memcal out again done a read of it and compared it against the original read thats been modded compare it against one of the stock bins on here and its the same bar the stuff ive altered im stuffed as to whats wrong with it any clues as to what i may have done wrong or whats wrong

Thanks
Darren
Holden202T

Re: 5l into gq patrol

Post by Holden202T »

well i wouldn't be surprised if the fact its missing its VR Auto would be part of the problem, but that said in diagnostic mode it should show something other than 12 .....

also if its VR Auto its most likely $11 adx for logging ?
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

oh yea sorry its $11A on it ive masked all the transmission faults i think correctly being now run by a t400 instead of the 4l60e. and using the flash tool i grabbed the bin chucked it through the id tool just to check it and it just came up file unknown i took it out after that and chucked it in my programmer and read it the put it up against anything else and its fine and the id tool reads it and identifies its straight away im just confused ive burnt it on a 0x0000 offset under the correct ic a 27c512. i dont understand why its in limp mode and getting garbbled crap out through TP but reads fine in the programmer ive done something
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

When reading the bin through the flashtool there is a bug in the PCM code which causes the very last byte to be wrong. The memcal ID tool cant ID it. Can you post the bin up? Will check the fault code masks for you.

Also, I noticed some calc errors in the $11 XDF so will be adding a new verson of this shortly - just need to check some more things.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

sweet ill chuck up a copy of it when i get home. so if that xdf's slightly wrong and ive edited it with it would that have chucked it slightly out of wack and account for it being in limp mode or something else ive done?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well as i understand it in limp home mode you wouldn't be getting aldl data ?
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

ok so heres the bin ive tried using
as for limp mode and and not getting a log that what i though it was well but the reason i though maybe its in limp mode was because the xdf is slightly wrong in some places maybe ive edited some of the areas of code im not supposed to have and its made it unreadable to the pcm
Attachments
5lt patrol.BIN
(64 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

21 bytes changed from a stock BLCC bin, and all of the changes are fine in terms of the calcs I noticed were wrong. Only thing you need to fix to stop limp home mode is make the program ID (Engine Program ID - $11=VR - $AA=bypass checksum) AA instead of 11.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

thanks mate so it was just the checksumm that put it in limp and thats it i wondered why even though i was getting no legible data out of the pcm it was stil giving me and error code only over aldl saying prom failure
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

so reprgrammed it and checked the memcal back in and fired up first got not check lights now ive gotta sort out a vss fr itf