vt 10psi turbo memcal

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
nathanzook
cars: vr clubsport, 91 v6 ecotec vitara

Re: vt 10psi turbo memcal

Post by nathanzook »

hey guys
thanks for the replies sorry i havent responded, have had alot on. sifted through some stuff on google and some guys have used the l67 tune "tweaked" abit, would this be possible to use? also i plan on manualizing the auto if that changes anything with using a map sensor?

cheers nathan
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

nathanzook wrote:hey guys
thanks for the replies sorry i havent responded, have had alot on. sifted through some stuff on google and some guys have used the l67 tune "tweaked" abit, would this be possible to use? also i plan on manualizing the auto if that changes anything with using a map sensor?

cheers nathan
You don't need to manualize the auto when using a map sensor.

Have a read here. http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?7

Please note the record mentioned has probably long been broken but know one has told me yet.

Cheers
Dick
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

There was a 10Psi VX L67 I tuned on the dyno a few weeks ago full stock setup just had gen3 MAF & larger T-body, but then came the temps & got good torque down low but lost top end power, then threw a water injection kit at it & a manifold insultor & got the top up over 180rwKw on a mainline dyno is pretty good, when I tuned it last it read just over 160rwKw on my dyno then took it to another workshop with a DD & told him it was puttting out 193rwKw so 180 on my dyno may read somewhere around 216rwKw!

But my actual L67 VX read a max of 222rwKw on my actual dyno back in the day when I was tinkering with it!

But all that is really not 100% relevant as comparing a turbo to a charger is not quite comparable!
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:But all that is really not 100% relevant as comparing a turbo to a charger is not quite comparable!
especially since a turbo has much higher adiabatic efficiency than a roots blower and it's not stealing a bunch of HP off the crank.
nathanzook wrote:sifted through some stuff on google and some guys have used the l67 tune "tweaked" abit, would this be possible to use?
Yes, in the custom code area we have modified L67 software that can handle twice the airflow of a standard L67 tune (although it would still need to be tuned for vehicle).
nathanzook

Post by nathanzook »

ok, so a superchaged tune won't run it then? even if i don't push it over 8psi, sorry just trying to get my head round it all, so using the supercharged tuned it won't allow for off boost periods? do s/c tune rely on 02 sensor for a/f adjustment ? lol sorry im not real good with this side of things might be easier if someone can tell what it might do if i run the s/c tune. thanks for the help everyone
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

The supercharged code will work but regardless of what code base you run it will need to be recalibrated to suit your vehicle. There is no "off the shelf" tune that you can just plug in and run safely.
nathanzook

Post by nathanzook »

ok thanks, is anyone able to supply me with a memcal with superchared code to suit 1998 vt auto oh and need security off?, im just trying to get it running atm to cycle the suspention and drive shafts to test for binding etc and to move it around lol once thats done it will get some dyno time. cheers