Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Ecu Hardware Modifications
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Post by VL400 »

I am not sure when they will be available, all depends on how testing goes. The connector changed and some very minor hardware changes but overall what holden202T is running is pretty much final. The changes are likely going to be the small plugin interface board.

As for the LS1 questions, it does create a ref pulse to the ECU that would work for the LS1 PCM. But the 3x signal on the V6 is already a 3 pulse per rev signal, rising edge at 75BTDC. Not sure what you need for ref angle and would need some sort of sync signal too.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Another awesome product.

The reason I see the LS1 PCM to ecotec V6 and Holden V8 is simply because most tuners don't want to know about the delco products. Almost every tuning facility out there has either HP tuner or EFIlive, why invest in an old ecu when it's easier to have the customer spend many $$$ changing the PCM to suit the tuner........ Not that those can be tuned in real time :P

I remember having a heated debate with the guy who first brought out the LS1 PCM conversion, he eventually sort of agreed that his product wouldn't really make any more power and drive any better
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I'm wanting to set up the 202 in my WB like how Holden202T has done.
Do you think they will be available in the next 6 months?

It could take me that long to save for the LS coil packs, they're not cheap!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

keep your eye out on ebay, you can get them cheap enough if you wait.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Dylan wrote:Do you think they will be available in the next 6 months?
Most likely
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

seeing a few people were asking about the LS2 coils I did a bit of research;
D581 (12558693) Truck Coil $17.77 each cheaper group buy
D585 (10457730-Delco, 19005218-Delphi) Truck Coil $24.01 each cheaper group buy
D513A (12570616) LS2/LS7 First Design $26.42 each cheaper group buy
D514A (12573190) LS2/LS7 Second Design $12.01 each cheaper group buy

I'm not sure whats best & these prices are ebay.au now, but know if you go to ebay.com(or motors) can get them cheaper again!

I have pictures of each type if anyones interested!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

There's clearly a lot of R&D going into this which is great and obviously reliability is going to be high on your list for these, you would be comfortable with one of these on a daily driver?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yes I would run it on a daily, a lot has gone in to the unit for reliability and a fair bit of the circuit has been used on my daily for the past 18 months or so.

But one thing you need to keep in mind is for the most part this a performance item or for conversions where there is no off the shelf part. Its not mass produced so will never have the reliability of a factory part, but the same goes for the majority of aftermarket ECUs. As soon as you modify something there are so many things to consider. If you want the most reliability out of your 202 it would be 100% standard and running the factory carb :P

If you want to run 6 LS2 coils using a crank trigger you obviously have a reason such as high RPM and/or boost. If its a standard or mild 202 and your primary goal is reliability (which also includes easy access to spare parts at your local auto shop) then I would consider the same conversion that holden202 outlined here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... =15&t=4#p4
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks for the info. I want it for reliability but also to have something quite different. I will start with the modified dissy set up as the motor will be a mild rebuild. But I'd like to have the 6 coils mainly for the modern upgrade and bragging rights.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

looks awesome put me down for one :thumbup: