vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VN Commodore V6 M62 SC and V6 vs V8 T5

Post by vlad01 »

how did you get the v8 t5 to work in the v6?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: VN Commodore V6 M62 SC

Post by Dazza92VP »

tris909 wrote:the topend is off a 91-95 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, with the 231 ln2 motor
Including heads or just the manifold
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the casings are different too, so it would have to have been put into a v6 shell, unless they made a custom input shaft it would have been v6 internals. perhaps they used "v8" bearings :P

so the only way its a complete v8 t5 is if its got either a custom bellhousing, or its a vs t5 (which has the same bolt pattern as the v6 one) and it has a custom machined input shaft.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

my understanding there is no difference between V6 and V8 T5 in terms of strength. the gear clusters, bearing and all internals are made the same way just different ratio. its the ford vs holden t5 is where there are strength differences. ford use world class t5 supposedly rated at around 325 ft-lb where all holden t5 v6 and v8 are rated at 275 ft-lb. but that said the rated torque of a gear box is rarely exceeded even when engine torque is higher.

thing is the engine makes toque when it turning and the torque the box is rated at I believe is across the box if it were locked. kinda like if you apply 100 ft-lb to a bolt that still loose, it doesn't see the 100ft-lb until it locks down.

so thats why a standard holden t5 can handle unto 300kw fairly well if not dumping the clutch.

I know a lot of people opt for v6 t5 in v8 for 2 reasons. 1 cheaper 2 better acceleration in 1st due to the 3.25 ratio vs the v8 2.95

there isn't any real options for v6 performance upgrades til I found this.

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=34

v6 t5 for holden is really unique in the t5 world. nothing in the US for them really.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
budwizer

Re: Re: VN Commodore V6 M62 SC and V6 vs V8 T5

Post by budwizer »

for starters all v8 and v6 t5's in the vn-vs range were world class t5's pre vn were non world class t5's- world class t5's are the better ones..
the ford t5's which are the stronger ones aren't all ford t5's only the T5Z boxes were uprated came in corvettes and some of the xr6 turbo's.

there is another option for putting a v8 box behind a v6, you'll need a custom made input shaft, which I believe it was mal wood that made a limited run of them of about 300. I believe he still has some stocks available. but not cheap.

holden v6 t5's were unique to Australia and parts cannot be sourced anywhere else.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

budwizer wrote:holden v6 t5's were unique to Australia and parts cannot be sourced anywhere else.
Only the version-specific parts, you can still buy bearings, seals and synchros from anywhere (they're generally cheaper from the US)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VK_3800 wrote:
budwizer wrote:holden v6 t5's were unique to Australia and parts cannot be sourced anywhere else.
Only the version-specific parts, you can still buy bearings, seals and synchros from anywhere (they're generally cheaper from the US)
yeah like gear sets and syncro hubs etc.. aren't available anywhere.

Also whats up with the rubber shifter boots? I had to get one from a mustang in the states as no one in Aus had them or could get them. :?:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

cause autos are better ;) hehehe
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VN Commodore V6 M62 SC and V6 vs V8 T5

Post by vlad01 »

get stuffed ;)

if they are, will you buy my old auto when I get the VR? is 100k original :o