Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
morex
cars: Holden Torana 383 Chev
Holden Formula SV enchanced v6
Vk commodore wagon
VE SS Ute

TOYOTA 22R

Post by morex »

I have been approched by a mate to do a delco conversion on a toyota hilux with a 22R engine. He has a factory American fuel injected manifold which i will use, they have the 22RET which was a fuel injected turbo. Should be simple as using the camira loom and ignition module, it has a magnetic reluctor distributor so i hope it can be an easily done.
If 1 HP was good then 600+ gotta be great right????
Holden202T

Re: TOYOTA 22R

Post by Holden202T »

it sounds like it should be fairly straight forward!!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yep, should be as easy as that. consider 0-5v TPS, high impedance injectors (measure the resistance between pins with a multimeter, look for > 12ohm). speed sensor pulses per km can be calibrated in the tune. then coolant and manifold air temp, map sensor. All easy to get from the camira where you get the loom.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
morex
cars: Holden Torana 383 Chev
Holden Formula SV enchanced v6
Vk commodore wagon
VE SS Ute

Post by morex »

Didn't think it would be hard hopefully VL400 will have OSE12p ready soon and start the whole process think it will be a after christmas job now tho i am gathering all the required stuff, is it possible to use a vn loom? I already have several of these rather than source a camira loom?
If 1 HP was good then 600+ gotta be great right????
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah you can, but you'll have to cut it all apart as theres non-efi stuff in the loom. Thats the only downside and its not a show stopper. The JE camira one is usually recommended as the MPI Injection was only added on the JE and as its a bit of a tack on job so there is a seperate EFI loom which includes only EFI stuff and includes fuses and relays, making it easily transplantable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

have a look at my delco ecu conversion onto 202 theres info in there as to what you need to mod in a vn loom to make it work.