Getting Started Guide

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Getting Started Guide

Post by VL400 »

Have you asked the seller how to use the software you purchased?

There is software to reflash v6 non s/c pcms here but its free .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82

Can likely flash in a manual tune. If its s/c will need to set the PCM to manual (which masks the error codes for the now missing auto) by making a cal change and the log it to see what the IAC counts do.
Adamesk
cars: Vx commodore and a vl executive

Post by Adamesk »

Yeah i have but the seller told me to go to this website for help from u guys? My vx is not a super6, so i should download that software? Then what do i do? Can you please walk me through it?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Catch 22, we like helping people tune their cars, but when ebay sellers take all the free stuff we made then sell it and shove the cash in their pockets and send people here to use our time (and of course they are not even community members themselves) it gets under our skin :evil: Its probably best you click the faq icon up the top and read the guides there (although they're probably what you paid for) and try and get as much understanding as you can. Then hit us with specific questions.

Also note we cant and wont support low quality ebay clones of our quality hardware. If you have setup problems, they should definitely be asked of the ebay seller as the product may not even work. See here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Apples

Post by Apples »

I would Like to see the Ebay store selling this stuff as every time I search I don't find anything.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

can you report the sellers for this and have them band?

I would be really pissed if someone was making money of my work thats suppose to be free.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I know who he is but what he is doing is perfectly legal, but unethical. He was once an active community member but all that stopped when the ebay stuff started. It wouldnt be so bad if he did support his own stuff here but instead he just wastes our time and the end user suffers. Our software is free for the greater good. Its just a pitty so many people go to ebay and dont do proper research first. Time pending we may start our own ebay store one day, but that discussion can be had in another thread. This is for the getting started guide.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
eco231
cars: vn commodore with Ecotec v6

Post by eco231 »

hi guys i need a change my rev limit for my vn how do you do that
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Start a new thread in "general tuning discussion" and ask there. Short answer: to reprogram the stock chip you need a uv erase and eprom programmer, tunerpro rt software, the1's bin id tool to ID your chip, then the matching XDF. To go realtime, read the guides under FAQ in the top right hand corner. Realtime nvram hardware + 12P software is the best tuning option.
kon308
cars: HEAPS

Post by kon308 »

Hi there guys, is there a phone number to contact to buy hardware? sent pm and no reply!!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Give it a little time, all these guys do this voluntarily so sometimes it takes a little while to get a response.

VL400 is away for a bit so if you have tried to PM him I would suggest trying one of the other guys or posting in the thread of the item you're after.