Can not connect to ECU after Upload

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
eckermannk
cars: Torana LH VN 5.0

Can not connect to ECU after Upload

Post by eckermannk »

I have done some changes to a 12P bin and uploaded it to the ECU. Now I can not connect through TP and the fan switches on with the ignition and switch off once it try to connect in TP.

Any help is appreciated
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: Can not connect to ECU after Upload

Post by Dazza92VP »

You may have a corrupted the bin during the upload process by the sound of it you'll have to put the nvram into a burner and reprogram it
eckermannk

Post by eckermannk »

really...... The upload successful. isn't there a reset or clear function then reload the bin? this is my first upload. really frustrating....
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Try removing the bin_sw jumper and seeing if you can connect on the second bank.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Sounds like it's in limp mode. Agree corrupted bin or maybe wrong chip offset?
eckermannk

Post by eckermannk »

I removed the jumper and connected to the second bank. I successfully uploaded the original bin I was using. Thanks VL400. Torana lives again

Does this mean the first bank is corrupt. Is there a way of fixing this? Or do i have to send it back to VL400 to get it burnt again?

I was comparing the $5D bin to the 12P and noticed that some of the tables are different. Ie "F60 Open Loop A/F ratio vs RPM and Map" and "A/F Ratio - 20-100kpa A/F ration vs RPM and MAP". The graphs look very different. The reason I was looking at this table is because my Target AFR is always red on my dashboard in TP. Not sure if this case because i don't have a wide band O2 sensor yet.

I was thinking of copying all the tables from $5D to 12P. Would this work?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It sounds like bank 1 is corrupt. Can just use bank 2 for now.

You wont need to adjust the target AFR numbers from a standard 12P tune just due to them being 'red'. Can you get a log of what is happening and a copy of your current cal to see what is going on?
GmanVS
cars: VS Acclaim L67 M35 in Lotus blue

Post by GmanVS »

VL400 wrote:Try removing the bin_sw jumper and seeing if you can connect on the second bank.
I have the same problem. Uploaded my first BIN and the fan came on. Now the hardware won't initialize because, among other things, it says there is no compatible code in the NVRAM. The car won't start and the ECU throws codes 25, 51, 52, 53 and 76. I don't know where the bin_sw jumper is on my NVRAM board. What to do?

Added: I read somewhere on this site that code '51' indicates corrupted data in the NVRAM. I also read somewhere that a cheap eBay programmer can be used to rewrite the .bin. I ordered one just now and will see if I can fix this brick. In the mean time, I still have the memcal, so that will have to do me for now.

As an aside, I contacted Haltech, out of frustration, to see if they could sell me something that would fix my error code issues. Their Platinum Sport plug in GM won't work on my VS which was originally automatic and still has the original, albeit modified, loom. They said I would need the Elite 2000 - over $2500 once the cost of the wiring is included and not to mention the pain of having to totally rewire my engine. :cry:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Sounds like you flashed in a bad file don't upload bins just do cal uploads. And makes sure you are flashing the correct file you can't upload stock tunes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
GmanVS
cars: VS Acclaim L67 M35 in Lotus blue

Post by GmanVS »

delcowizzid wrote:Sounds like you flashed in a bad file don't upload bins just do cal uploads. And makes sure you are flashing the correct file you can't upload stock tunes
I got a programmer in the mail last night and flashed the original BIN onto the NVRAM. So easy, even I could do it ;-) Now the car runs again. Will definitely take your advice and only change one thing at a time not the whole bin. And if I do manage to crash the NVRAM (highly likely) I have the programmer to fix it.